October 19, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

Author Topic: hunting rigs  (Read 5502 times)

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: hunting rigs
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2005, 08:35:37 PM »
94 GMC jimmy 4 door, 4 wheel drive (makes life easier) i like it, its a great hunting rig but in a few years i will move up to a truck......thinking about a 04 chevy  HD 4 door or a 97 f-250
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2005, 06:34:47 PM »
I have a '02 Jeep Liberty 4x4.  Everyday vehicle but during hunting season it's great.  I can fit down most 4-wheeler trails and not scratch it up.  Turning around can be hard.  The other half has a '04 Chevy xcab longbox HD with all the bells and whisles.  I do enjoy having the xm radio when your out of radio stations.  Must be nice huh!  I want a Tahoe.  I need more room with the little guy and two dogs and all the stuff for the hunting shack.  Plus we have a 4 place snowmobile trailer & boat that my jeep doesn't pull to well.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Dragon

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 08:26:53 PM »
Now I've got an '04 F-350 crew cab dually 4X4, plenty of room inside for everything but not good for mountains or narrow roads.
The best hunting rig I ever had was a '79 GMC short bed 4X4, was all beat up with dents and the usual GM rust....could see the road through the floorboards and I painted it camo but it had a posi front and rear so it would go anywhere until the transfer case came out. I'm not really a GM guy anymore but the older ones were great for hunting.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »
92 jeep Cherokee 175,000 miles totally worn out but it is mine. Won't go where the old CJ5 would but I'm older now and know that if I can't get there I probably didn't need to be there any how. It looks a lot like Ellwood's vehicle a real Dog Hauler only thing is I drive it everywhere. When the Evil One makes me put on a clean pair of jeans and take her someplace we take her 96 Cherokee.(she cleans it out and washes it once in a while), and there is room for more than 1 person to get in and sit down. I tell anyone brave enough to get in mine that if anything gets in their way just step on it,if it squeals step a little harder.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline elkhunter_30-06

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 05:43:52 PM »
Get a dodge ram your problems are fixed. Get good mud tires 245 75 R16s 4 inch lift kit and two wernen wench on in the front and one on the head ache rack and make it hunter green. mine is a 98 dodge just like that... good luck hunters.

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 03:32:35 AM »
Just wanted to ask John Andrews How do you like your Tundra? I hope that it is the best truck you have ever had. I work for Toyota at the Princeton Indiana plant where your truck was built and have been working there since the start of production of Tundra started. We are very proud of our big trucks and are glad to know that sportsman like  you are enjoying them.
All who resist will die

Zero

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 01:52:20 AM »
Run a dodge custom rig, 2500 series ona 10 inch lift with all custom syspension on 47" tires. It gets me wherever I do need to go. Like town.

http://thelaircrew.tzo.org/my%20baby.jpg

Its a play toy I dun want to do so much more to it, but it gets the job done :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 03:16:01 AM »
Just wanted to ask John Andrews How do you like your Tundra? I hope that it is the best truck you have ever had. I work for Toyota at the Princeton Indiana plant where your truck was built and have been working there since the start of production of Tundra started. We are very proud of our big trucks and are glad to know that sportsman like  you are enjoying them.
Eric, you folks put a lot of TLC into building my truck, and I want to thank all of you folks there that built my truck.  :)  O0  I have to say, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The truck I traded in on my new 4X4 Tundra was another one I bought new, a '94 Toyota 4X4 T-100 V6. The T-100  had only 60, 000 miles on it when I traded. There was a line of folks that wanted dibs on the T-100 when I traded.  What I really like about the Tundra also, is the extra room with  the extended cab, and it's great having a high performance V8 under the hood.  :)  O0 I got the off road package, and the tow package, too. The truck handles like the muscle truck it is, but rides really great.  Toyota put a lot of research into what folks really want and need in a truck. I must sound like a Toyota commercial, huh?  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »
Im huge Ford Fan myself but have owned toyotas in the past and they have NEVER let me down, those things will run forever and take you wherever  O0.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Facebook Comments