October 19, 2017, 05:48:20 PM

Author Topic: Funny Things You See While Hunting  (Read 1237 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Funny Things You See While Hunting
« on: January 06, 2004, 03:19:42 AM »
What are some of the really funny things you have seen while hunting? I was in a deer stand some years ago and watched a fox squirrel tease a red tailed hawk. The hawk tried its best to catch the squirrel. When the hawk would tire and land on the limb of the same tree, which was right next to me, the squirrel would run out on the limb, right at the hawk! This would start the whole thing over again, the hawk chasing the squirrel all over the tree. It went on for over a half hour, and finally, the hawk gave up and left. It would have been sudden death for the squirrel if the hawk managed to catch him!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 06:34:08 AM »
A friend and I were bowhunting several years ago, around a big semi-overgrown field.  A little after daylight, I saw an owl in a tree about half-way in between me and my buddy.  I kept watching the owl, who seemed awfully interested in something over by my buddy.  He kept watching and twisting his head, looking in that direction.  Finally, the owl took flight and swooped over and snatched my buddy's cap off his head!  What we finally figured out was with the face mask, the owl couldn't tell what he was when he would turn his head.  Not really knowing what it was, but figuring if it was moving, it had to be food, the owl decided to take advantage of it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 10:31:30 PM »
We were deer hunting in Clark County, MO. some years ago and watched a doe in an open field back into an electric fence while she was watching us. Straight up she went, and her hind legs caught the fence, breaking the wire. She went into mach 3 when she came back down and got traction! :shock:  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 02:03:59 AM »
Tonight, while I was working and on patrol, I saw a bobcat right by the edge of the road. It was hunting and was not the least concerned with my lights and patrol vehicle. Pretty neat, watching the cat hunt with no concern at all. They are getting pretty plentiful here in Iowa, and the bobcats seem to know they are protected by law.

Facebook Comments