November 19, 2017, 10:43:57 PM

Author Topic: Peta to the rescue!  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Peta to the rescue!
« on: March 17, 2005, 06:04:25 PM »
PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA PETA
 :roll: :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PETA to the rescue

Keny Bailey:
Based in Camden, Outdoors Editor Ken Bailey can be reached at 207-236-8468, extension 312 or by e-mail at kbailey@villagesoup.com.

The international animal-rights organization People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is back in the Maine news again. No, PETA is not protesting the Lobster Festival in Rockland as it has done in past years; it is trying to shut down a fishing club at Bates College in Lewiston.

It appears a Bates graduate, who now works for PETA, wrote the school's president and asked that a student-run fishing club be shut down because of the injuries inflicted on fish during the act of fishing.

In addition to its attempts to stop all hunting, trapping, and use of leather and meat products, PETA has launched a new campaign to end fishing. (Photo by Ken Bailey)

The fishing club's president said he plans to continue fishing and school officials said the student program is not under their control.

PETA has also written Vice President Dick Cheney, who recently said that upon his retirement from public service he is going to take some time off and go fishing. PETA has asked the veep to "take up a hobby during retirement that doesn't involve cruelty to animals." I have not heard Cheney's response.

If you want to jump on the PETA bandwagon, there is a big event coming up soon in Pamplona, Spain, home to the famous Running of the Bulls. Two days before the bull running, PETA will sponsor the Running of the Nudes, in which animal rights supporters charge down the streets naked -- or almost naked -- to protest the Running of the Bulls. That should be more than interesting.

PETA is no fly-by-night outfit; it sports an annual budget of around $29 million and a worldwide membership of about 800,000.

I think the group is going to have a difficult time convincing the 44 million fishermen and women in this country and the 500 million anglers worldwide to give up this popular outdoor activity.

According to bumper stickers sported on some Maine vehicles, there is a counter PETA group waiting in the wings. This renegade organization supports "People for the Eating of Tasty Animals."

« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 06:25:32 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
Re: Peta to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 11:40:22 PM »
As far as I am concerned,PETA(people for the ethical treatment of animals) can....

KISS MY A$$!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:([/glow]

Sorry it I offended anyone(language)
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 11:40:50 PM »
As far as I am concerned,PETA(people for the ethical treatment of animals) can....

KISS MY A$$!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Sorry it I offended anyone(language)
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 10:12:07 AM »
I think that these people have lost their way. Sure, myself and everybody here believes in ethical treatment of animals, and the importance of a swift clean kill when hunting. The problem is that this organization is run by extremists who oppose any and all forms of animal use. A good friend of mine is a steward biologist with the Nature Conservancy and had a bad run in with them in Hawaii over allowing islanders to hunt feral pigs. The pigs are not an indigenous species there and were introduced by man. They were destroying native wildlife that was rare and unique. PETA tried to get an injunction against the pig hunting even though the pigs threatened the native wildlife. Their official PETA statement was that the pigs had a right to live too. The Nature Conservancy finally prevailed after much aggravation. BTW my friend (a female) was instrumental in setting up and getting approved a bowhunting program for deer management on our barrier island. Due to its success, she has travelled around to other Nature Conservancy sites and lectured on how local hunters can assist with wildlife management. I have also met other NC Stewards from other states and most of them hunt.
Neck shots = no running.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
Yes, PETA is pathetic. One of the best ways to damage their organization is to file charges on them whenever you have them interfer with your hunting and fishing, and also filing a civil lawsuit for damages and whatever else an attorney can dream up. Hurt them where it hurts, in their wallet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 09:16:53 PM »
I no longer take them seriously (in their views). I am adamantly against animal cruelty. I do not condone it, and will purposely kick the testicular region of anyone I encounter beating/abusing an animal.
But, I do not consider hunting, fishing,  meat consumption, fur wearing, or animal testing a form of animal cruelty.

I no longer take them seriously because they are the biggest hypocrites that walk the planet. For one, their main headquarters is built on the water....which in it's construction has killed and made homeless many species. One of the heads is a diabetic and she takes insulin...which is tested on animals.  They consume crops, which kill many animals by pesticides, farm eqiupment, and depredation permits. They spout forth that animals deserve rights...and in the next breath, tell you to spay and nueter your pets, therefore taking away it's right to breed. And so on and so forth...it never stops.
And yet, they try and tell the rest of the world what they can and can not do even though they do the same...only in some instances, indirectly.

I've come to the conclusion that "Peta" is only concerned about "money" and nothing else. They do nothing directly that helps animals, and only seem to target children with their shock videos because their heartstrings are extra long for pulling. They have no idea about how the way the world really works, and how the cycles work. There is no life without death. But, they fail to teach that in Disney University run by Professor Walt, where they all seem to have been educated at.  :roll:

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 07:37:45 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Why would you kick someone in the tentacles?  :roll: :roll: :roll:
Neck shots = no running.

Offline Billy

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 08:26:46 PM »
excuse me but im a proud PETA member...
(P.eople E.ating T.asty A.nimals) :wink:
"I fear a selfrightous liberal democrat with a cause far more then a Hells Angel with an attitude"---------Ted Nugent

Offline truk

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »
  peta
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 11:10:32 AM »
Truk, that Bevis and Butthead is really great!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:PETA SUCKS.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments