October 17, 2017, 08:08:31 PM

Author Topic: WOW - Hunters pay $180,000 each to bag sacrificial rams  (Read 2312 times)

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: WOW - Hunters pay $180,000 each to bag sacrificial rams
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 10:24:56 PM »
So are you heading up North to hunt, April. If so, you'll have a good time, and get to see quite a bit of game. Hold out for the big ones ;D The squirrels you'll see up here are quite a bit smaller than theones down there  (gray?), so you'll need quite a few for a meal ;D ;D
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

april

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 02:56:20 AM »
I'm in the process of moving there bare_trax. Just tying up the "nit picky stuff" now, then will be leaving the good ol US of A.

So..lol..you see why I was so "concerned". I really like small gaming, and already have a dog up there waiting on me that'll tree..lol.  Not to mention loads of people with mouths watering for some good ol "southern cooking"..lmao. And nothing beats squirrel dumplin's.

But..lol....if all else fails, there's always elk and moose and bears and mulies and wolves and grizzleys and tons and tons of fishies... :-P  :wink:

^-^

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 01:47:46 PM »
Well......................welcome to Canada!!! Practice saying "eh" after every sentence, pack warm clothes, and watch out for the polar bears ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 07:45:24 AM »
While we're on the subject of Canada, I have a question. What is the status of Canada's gun control laws. from everything I've read they are supposed to be some of the strictest gun ownership laws in the world...or at least that is the impression I get from the articles I've read on the subject. It appears there are some people here on the forum that live there and hunt (with firearms) and to do that you need a gun. Is it like "Yeah that's the law but no one enforces it " type of thing or "No one pays any attention to them (gun laws) " type of thing. I am simply curious if all the hype about Canada's gun laws a few years back was just that....hype.
Neck shots = no running.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »
Nope.........Its not hype. We are required to have any firearms we own registered. We require permits to own,buy guns, and buy ammo. The CO's don't enforce the gun laws, however if you are stopped at a checkstop that has the police there as well, they will enforce the laws. To my understanding, if you have registered firearms, the police do not need a search warrant to enter your home. Handguns are very strictly regulated (unless you are a crook or in a gang), and owning one is simply not worth the hassle. To come hunting up in Canada requires quite a bit of paperwork to be filled out, but I have yet to see a sportsman refused entry with a hunting rifle.

april

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 06:57:25 PM »
Well......................welcome to Canada!!! Practice saying "eh" after every sentence, pack warm clothes, and watch out for the polar bears ;D ;D ;D ;D

You should hear me bare......I joke around with it to a guy up that way, and with my "apparent accent"..it sounds like "Aye".   ;D
The cold is what I worry about..lol....it'll probably take me a few years to adjust. We spent our winter with 70 degree weather here.

april

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 07:01:40 PM »
April: What part of canada are you moving to? And by the way, your going to be disapointed in how our squirrel tastes. They don't have the same diet as yours. But there are lots to hunt.

I'm moving "mid B.C." (without giving too much info. I'm still paranoid about the net. :D) Pretty much be in the "Cariboo" zone/region.

Stinks to hear about the squirrels. But, seems they are classified as "varmits" there...I have no prob shooting and tossing varmits.
But above all, there's just too much game up there to be obsessing with just one anyhow. Pretty much every game animal there will be "new" to me, so, there's plenty else to do.

april

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 07:13:21 PM »
Nope.........Its not hype. We are required to have any firearms we own registered. We require permits to own,buy guns, and buy ammo. The CO's don't enforce the gun laws, however if you are stopped at a checkstop that has the police there as well, they will enforce the laws. To my understanding, if you have registered firearms, the police do not need a search warrant to enter your home. Handguns are very strictly regulated (unless you are a crook or in a gang), and owning one is simply not worth the hassle. To come hunting up in Canada requires quite a bit of paperwork to be filled out, but I have yet to see a sportsman refused entry with a hunting rifle.

As it is...to me, it's no big price to pay to have to register firearms.

The pistol laws though.....they kinda stink, for me. But ah well....what can ya do. I agree that it's not worth the hassle.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 07:44:33 PM »
April - more important than any other detail:    DO THEY HAVE A GUT PILE STYLE connection already set up for you??!!??!!  :)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 09:36:39 PM »
Yeh April......................like GP says....................better get hooked up when you get settled. Now that your gonna be a "canuck", there'll be three(?) of us in here. Make sure you get your free " touque" with your internet connection ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And "mid B.C.", watch out for the sasquatches :mrgreen:

Facebook Comments