October 20, 2017, 03:10:25 AM

Author Topic: WOW - Hunters pay $180,000 each to bag sacrificial rams  (Read 2313 times)

april

Re: WOW - Hunters pay $180,000 each to bag sacrificial rams
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 09:49:05 PM »
No worries...will have  some great hookup, so, I'll be very "Gutpilestyle" accessible. :mrgreen:

LoL..I keep hearing about those touques....they must be the national attire  :D And muklacks (sp?...those boots) as well. (But them I like ;) )

Them sasquatches don't want none of me..lol...bring em on. I got a post on my wall ready for em. :-P ;D

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2005, 11:08:59 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Squirrel Commander

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 09:24:32 PM »
That is ridiculous!! Who would waste that much oney. Even if you got the money, that is still a lot.
One shot, make 'em drop like a rock.

Offline DblArrow

• Double Arrow Bow Hunting
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 10:53:31 PM »
Its only a waste if the money is not used by the groups that raised it,  to help manage and conserve the bighorn rams as they say they will do.  If they use that money for something else, then I'd definetly say its a waste. 

Look at it this way.  Its either the wildlife departments  increase the price of your hunting license and permits 600X, or they auction off a license as such and let some rich guys pay the dues.  I'd rather them do that then see an increase in my hunting licenses, permits and everything else.  All of that stuff already increases enough as it is!

Auctions like this really help out more than what some people tend to think.  $58 million doesn't grow on trees but when you know there are people out there that will buy something like this and they know its going for the conservation, why not? 

« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 11:02:58 PM by DblArrow »

Offline Squirrel Commander

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 10:16:42 PM »
I guess you are right. If it goes to benifet conservation than i am all for it.
One shot, make 'em drop like a rock.

Facebook Comments