November 23, 2017, 07:16:05 PM

Author Topic: 10-22 conversion to 17HM2  (Read 1307 times)

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
10-22 conversion to 17HM2
« on: April 13, 2005, 10:48:36 AM »
I have an OLD Ruger 10-22 that has had many thousands of rounds put through it in the 20 some odd years I have owned it.  Barrel is getting worn out.  I have already replaced the weapon with a new 10-22.

What I want to do is get a conversion kit and make my old one into a 17.  Found plenty of stuff for the HMR but that is for the 10-22 MAG, not the 22LR weapons.  I need the stuff for a 17HM2 conversion (Barrel, bolt upgrade, etc.)

Any suggestions?  Ones that cost a little less than a new 17HM2 weapon would be more appreciated!
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 10-22 conversion to 17HM2
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:54:02 AM »
APR, I believe you will have to have the springs beefed up in your action, too. You should be able to buy all the add ons for your conversion .17 Mach2. I know of a fella that is converting .22 auto pistols and has to add weight to the bolt. You .22 clips will still work with the .17, fortunately.  Maybe check with Brownells. They have a great standby gunsmith crew that are glad to talk to you and advise you.  I give them 5 star rating and use their products. :mrgreen:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Toxic

• vARminator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 05:18:33 PM »
Also, browse rimfirecentral.com  . More info their than you can digest period!! If it can be done or has been done, they have the info.
Life... Nothing gets out alive.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 11:02:32 AM »
Right as rain, Toxic. It is the .17 info machine. Our favorite Forum of course is right here, and is getting a lot of .17 attention because we are all hunters and are using our rifles more for hunting than just printing paper groups.  Poking a squirrel's eye at 100+ yards just seems to have more appeal than a good group on paper, even though we do the range paper group checks to affirm our guns are still doing what they are supposed to do. Yep, the hunting grounds have much more personal appeal than the gun range does, for me.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments