October 17, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

Author Topic: So What Is Everyone Doing This Time Of Year?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
So What Is Everyone Doing This Time Of Year?
« on: January 17, 2004, 12:18:38 AM »
Is anyone still hunting?  If so, what?

Myself, I've given up deer hunting for the year (our season goes out Monday, 1/19/04).  I'm still squirrel hunting, and am going to go grouse hunting this next weekend.  Coyotes are always on the list, but this year I'm taking "special" interest in them! :twisted:   I'm also doing a little trapping, mainly to get rid of the DA** muskrats out of our lake!  Every one I see is terminated with VERY EXTREME prejudice! :evil:  :twisted:   :arrow:  :shock:  :twisted:  :evil:

What is everyone else doing to pass the time?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 09:46:27 AM »
Bigcal, I am going squirrel hunting today! First, I have to sight in my .17 this morning because of some work I did on the rifle. It needs fine tuning for the 100 yds., and out there. I have a lot of work in the shop to do, plus order knife supplies. Fishing is certainly OUT this time of year, and I am keeping eyes out for a coyote dumb enough to get into range. And, hopefully, a c-a-t or two. :!:  :shock: My knifework takes up much of my spare time, so the squirrel hunting has to be squeezed in. Today is the day my buddy with his puny .22 and I are going. So much for sympathy and his poor little .22.  Bring on the squirrels!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline dusty

whats everybody doing
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 10:12:03 AM »
About the only thing we are allowed to hunt around here is rabbits ( varying hare). But the weather has been so darned cold and miserable most prople are afraid to stick their noses outdoors. Ice fishing is the thing now but unless you have a hut with these kind of temperatures, it's not a wise choice of activities. Even some  the people with huts are staying indoors. It should start to warm up soon ...in about 3 months :lol:

april

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 03:18:38 PM »
Deer season is over last day of this month...but the blasted flu is keeping me out of the woods....lol...squirrel season isn't over til last day of Feb. so I have that still.  And then....time for fishin!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 08:16:14 PM »
April, you gotta get well! We need help killin' the brazen little rascals :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 02:29:54 AM »
Lol...I'm workin on it.....won't be much longer, then those buggers are gonna get popped. :wink:

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 10:28:41 AM »
About the only thing left for us is hog or rabbit hunting.  Hopefully I can get my boys a shot or two before it's over.   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments