November 22, 2017, 03:11:25 PM

Author Topic: I'm back..............  (Read 2082 times)

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
I'm back..............
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:57:42 PM »
Just got back to work today. No luck with the bears other'n I saw a good grizzly on friday. Its front pad measured 7 1/2" across in the mud, and he/she had shoulders like a middle linebacker. I could'nt get close enuff for a pic, maybe next time! Set out a few baits in some pretty good areas, and  now I can't wait to go home again on the 2nd of May. :mrgreen:
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

april

Re: I'm back..............
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:45:56 PM »
Just glad to hear ya made it in one piece...lol...with all them "bars" out there.  :wink:

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 12:39:29 AM »
Thanx  for worring about me April....... ;D ;D...........but I was safe. Had the truck and a hunting buddy between me and the grizz. I was pretty sure the "bar" could'nt get past the truck and I KNOW that I could run faster scared that he could ( the buddy), even iffin I had to wound him to slow him down ;D ;D ;D............... Did you get all moved ? And have you checked on your hunting prospects in B.C.? And we can expect to see some good pics of the critters you are going to get?   :mrgreen:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 08:55:02 AM »
Bare_trax, we are sure glad you are safe at home, and not in some bear scat somwhere! Being too close to bear is a life long memory, both exciting and the scariest thing you can imagine, as you well know.  I have been too close by accident at night time. When I flicked on my light, I had feeding bears all around me. That was near Cotton, Minn.  A couple of days later I almost ran smack into an old cinnamon in a (his) thick berry patch. :shock: He is on my wall, now.  :)What I am saying, messing around in bear country is just about more excitement than you sometimes bargain for, eh? You are out there in griz country messing around. I am glad you can shoot and also run fast. I have to ask, you always carry a good griz gun at all times while in griz country, don't you? I would suggest the biggest cannon you can lug. My AK pals usually lugged 12 GA shotguns, but now they are carrying those cannon pistols, I imagine.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 03:10:46 PM »
I'm just packing my 270wsm with me out there John. We're looking for blacks, not grizzly's, and just happened to get lucky and see that one. We had about 400yards between us and after a while, he took off, and the next time I saw him, he  was about 800yards away crossing a pipeline. When a guy see's them big guys, all of a sudden every little noise you hear gives you the shivers. I can hardly wait until I do get drawn for a grizzly. Might not ever happen though. There's talk again about shutting it down in Alberta again. David Suzuki and his bunch are causing a big fuss up here over it. Thats when I'll start thinking Alaska.................and start saving lots of $$$$$ for it. Those hunts are running about $ 15000 American I've heard. Thats about $ 20000 of our dollars. On a different subject John, did you want me to send you a deposit on the knife we talked about? E-mail me back and let me know would yah.

april

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 01:16:55 AM »
Thanx  for worring about me April....... ;D ;D...........but I was safe. Had the truck and a hunting buddy between me and the grizz. I was pretty sure the "bar" could'nt get past the truck and I KNOW that I could run faster scared that he could ( the buddy), even iffin I had to wound him to slow him down ;D ;D ;D............... Did you get all moved ? And have you checked on your hunting prospects in B.C.? And we can expect to see some good pics of the critters you are going to get?   :mrgreen:

Lol...well, I know you northern boys know what you're doin ;)

And nope, not yet. Coming up there in end of May (or first week of June), and will be squared away by end of July. (That "be" the plan  :mrgreen: ) As far as hunting prospects..I'll be in good hands up there  :wink: , and yes, ya'll will see tons of pics. (Fishy ones too)  :D I figured on starting "small"...but ya'll don't have too many of them small critters..  :D  :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 10:19:14 AM »
bare_trax, I hope you draw a griz tag some day. You have a lot of bear experience and we would be rooting for you. That's tough luck, seeing a bear and not getting a shot. Most folks don't realize it's pretty hard to GET a shot at a bear, especially while hunting the bear in your locality. Your individual bears cover a larger ranging territory than in most other hunting areas. A bear would look good in your livingroom. :shock: I mean, a STUFFED one! :mrgreen: You got email headed your way, and thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:01:43 PM »
Cool John...............I'll be waiting

Facebook Comments