October 20, 2017, 12:21:45 PM

Author Topic: 6 x6 argo , amphibious atv  (Read 1324 times)

Offline buckman

6 x6 argo , amphibious atv
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:59:41 PM »
hey everyone , I just bought a used argo , I believe in the states a company called max or something along those lines makes them , they look pretty impessive and I hope it is the perfect atv for moose camp , just wondering if any of you guys have used them or own one and can give me your thoughts on them ,  please and thanks  ^-^

Offline buckman

Re: 6 x6 argo , amphibious atv
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:48:05 PM »
sorry I don't know how I posted this in the squirrel hunting postings , i will figure this out soon haha  ???

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 12:14:16 PM »
Hey Buckman..............the 6x6 is kinda rougher than the 8x8, but they go just about anywhere. Thats kinda the problem. When you get there, they tend to break down. The older ones did this anyway. The newer ones seem to be built tougher. Make sure you carry extra chain links, and a small tool kit all the time. I changed over to a quad and like it better, but you are more limited to how much you can carry, unless you drag a tub around. Good luck and good hunting with it. You can now access just about anywhere. :mrgreen:
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline buckman

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 11:19:43 PM »
thanks  bare_trax ,, the moose camp already has 4 quads and there are only 7 of us , the argo I bought is a 1988 but it has new heavy axles and a brand new engine with 3 hours on it , also the whole bottom of it is a 2004,so it shouldn't leak  , I guess the only thing left is the top from 1988 , I drive a nodwell track machine  for a living so the skid steering will be a natural for me ,but I have never been on a 6x6 , thanks for the tips I will put together a tool repair kit imediatly , best of hunting to you

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:46:35 AM »
trax your so right,,,lol
a friend of mine has four of them. he loves them but says he spends more time fixing them then using them. still when they are working their awsome.

Facebook Comments