October 17, 2017, 02:02:10 AM

Author Topic: Wild Turkey With Wild Turkey  (Read 1327 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Wild Turkey With Wild Turkey
« on: January 17, 2004, 09:05:25 PM »
Having absolutely no luck with preparing wild turkey to be edible, I finally came up with the right fixings. You need 1 bottle of Wild Turkey, 1 medium size wild turkey, seasoning. Cook turkey in oven, 325 degrees for 2-1/2 hours, add personal seasoning, then throw the turkey to the dog and drink the booze! You won't be disappointed! It works for me. :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 12:16:12 PM »
I thought an Indian could cook/eat anything?  Wild Turkey bourbon is a little to stout for me.  I prefer Maker's Mark.  It's made in my home county.  Good Stuff!!! :D

Take the legs, thighs, and wings from the turkey.  Put them in a crock pot with 2 big cans of chicken broth, an onion (quartered), and some poultry seasoning.  Cook overnight until the meat can be pulled off of the bone.  In a seperate pan, cook us some egg noodles or some of type of noodle.  Pull all of the meat off of the bone and discard the onion and bones.  Put the cooked noodles and meat back in the broth and cook another hour or so.

For the breast, cut into strips, coat with seasoned flour and fry!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 03:24:25 PM »
Sounds good, Cal!  I'll take mine with alot of garlic and thyme!

Jen :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 02:57:38 AM »
Bigcal, you are right about Indians can cook and eat, drink anything! We just might not LIKE it! I lived off the land for a week, on a river island. Not even salt or frypan, NOTHIN'! You ever eat a mudcarp on a stick charred over a fire? And for a WEEK? :roll:  Kinda resembled my attempts at cooking wild turkey, about the same quality of eating. I am looking forward to trying your way of fixing turkey. It really does sound good!  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 11:51:38 AM »
drinkin turkey.............sounds pretty simple! :roll:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Facebook Comments