October 17, 2017, 04:34:44 PM

Author Topic: EUREEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11498 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: EUREEKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 06:59:09 AM »
wasnt the 17hmr based on the 22 mag cartrige? if so then i am sure the manuf. would do the least they could to bring oout the stuff for them wouldnt you?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 08:49:28 AM »
i have a problem with my savage hm2 and the magazine.maybe someone can help. here is the issue

i shoot pull the bolt back to release case and load new case.well the new case waiting is standing stright up in the magazine. of course when the bolt is to be closed the case is in the way and not in the chamber.my step dad has the same gun and his does it too.he is using it as a single shot because of this and is about ready to give it up.i dont want him to get rid of it because him,my brother in law and myself have fun with them...untill they realize i can shoot better ;D

anyone got any ideas?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 09:14:54 AM »
It may be your clip, Tech. I had problems with mine like you did, so I got another clip that worked OK and tweaked the bad one to match. Now I have 2 good clips. Savage will send you a new one free if you call them and tell them your problem. I should have done that, but I just bought another one so as to save time and hassle. It was hunting season and I didn't have the luxury of time.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 06:19:58 AM »
Animal Rights activists report that a strict vegetarian diet has many desireable
results for the body.  Not the least of which, is an increased libido.  Could they
be on to something?   Gut Pile Style knows the truth......

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ECard.swf

We need your help - Pass this link on to others that need to know the truth!!! 
 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 12:43:47 AM »
 Sorry about digging this one out of the archives folks, but I just found this on Marlin's website: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/17HMRMagnum/917s.aspx
Looks like Marlin finally listened to the masses on the magazine capacity(sort of). A four round!!! come on, Who shoots four shot groups or drops a line of four out of the case? How hard would it have been to build a five shot like Savage does?  ???
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
wasnt the 17hmr based on the 22 mag cartrige? if so then i am sure the manuf. would do the least they could to bring oout the stuff for them wouldnt you?
Yep on both, Morax.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 08:49:44 AM »
They should build a 50 round clip instead.  That way you only have to go through the hassle of filling the clip once per box of ammo.  Hahaha.....  Seriously though, I don't have one of these guns so what was the problem with the longer clip?
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »
some say it was too long and would hang,snag and or cause discompfort when slung on the shoulder, while i also have heard of some feed problems on a "few" but this i think was also due to age of the clips being used (spring was dieing) but i agree if they could make a 50 round clip with dump in capabilities, you know open box dump them all in in one shot, and they automatically right themselves...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »
If yall spend more time pointing the gun at squirrels and less time with it slung over your shoulder then it wouldn't hurt your back so much!!  Hahahaha.....   ;D ;D :-P :wink: O0
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 01:56:49 AM »
If yall spend more time pointing the gun at squirrels and less time with it slung over your shoulder then it wouldn't hurt your back so much!!  Hahahaha.....   ;D ;D :-P :wink: O0
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  O0

Facebook Comments