December 16, 2017, 05:43:44 PM

Author Topic: So, who's busted up some coyotes so far?  (Read 1490 times)

april

So, who's busted up some coyotes so far?
« on: January 23, 2004, 12:51:56 AM »
Come on...what's the count?  I've shot only 1, earlier in the deer season.  Seems they are attracted to my gut pile site.  I popped him with the .270 mag and he turned a somersault.   :twisted:   His friends ran off before I got a chance at em.   :evil: ...... so, I know I'm not alone...who else is a yote popper?

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 10:31:52 AM »
Haven't been able to nab one of the suckers yet.   I had one picked out a couple of years ago, but couldn't pull it off.  He was weaving in and out of some small pines and weeds.  Each time I would set my scope up on the area I thought he would come out, the little devil would change direction.  It's like he knew I was following him.  Oh well, they all can't be that lucky, right?

Quote from: april
Seems they are attracted to my gut pile site.  

Don't you mean he was attracted to your gut pile STYLE?   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline dusty

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 12:07:21 PM »
Only had one come close enough this year but didn't have time for a shot. This is a good thing because 5 minutes later a dropped a nice little 6 point in his tracks at a 120 yds on the opposite side of the field :D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »
A couple of weekends ago I was watching a big one through my crosshairs while hunting squirrels with my .17. Dirty dog was trying to catch some turkeys and was in easy range. Trouble was, there was some brush in the way, so I passed on the shot. Dang! I should of tried him, anyway! FYI, the little .17 punches clean through steel 55 gal. drums, I found out last weekend.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 07:11:31 PM »
Haven't had a chance yet.  I'm going to be going in a few weeks though.  I'll let you know what I get, and post pics!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »
Well....you'll get yours yet.  I bust em in my yard ( I live in the woods..lol)....  :twisted:

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 09:15:03 PM »
I had a shot one one this year.I was in my climbing stand about 20 feet up.  He was only 50 yards away but going the wrong way. I had to take the shot left handed. Hit right next to him and boy did he sprint off. Maybe later I'll get one. Me and my buddies have dropped a few in the past, their always down on the farm we train on for WW II reinacting. And with 6 Garands and a carbine we're sure to hit something.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »
Quote from: C.N.
I had a shot one one this year.I was in my climbing stand about 20 feet up.  He was only 50 yards away but going the wrong way. I had to take the shot left handed. Hit right next to him and boy did he sprint off. Maybe later I'll get one. Me and my buddies have dropped a few in the past, their always down on the farm we train on for WW II reinacting. And with 6 Garands and a carbine we're sure to hit something.
That's some SERIOUS firepower! Tell you what, the way those rifles shoot, the yotes are in real trouble. Rembember,no prisoners! :mrgreen:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments