October 17, 2017, 02:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Maryland Bear Management Plan Calls for Hunt  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Maryland Bear Management Plan Calls for Hunt
« on: January 23, 2004, 09:02:50 PM »
While the anti's campaign to ban bear hunting at the ballot in Maine and Alaska, a government task force in Maryland has drafted a plan to institute a bear hunt.

Maryland's Black Bear Task Force, a governor-appointed, citizen panel established to provide suggestions for managing the state's bear population, has released its 10-year Black Bear Management Plan for public comment. The plan provides for a bear hunt and increased habitat protection.

Animal rights groups are livid over the plan and are waging a vigorous public relations campaign to protest the recommendations.

The Black Bear Task Force has worked for over a year reviewing the Department of Natural Resources' (DNR) bear management methods and practices. It solicited public input before determining its recommendations.

The DNR is accepting public comments through February 13th on the plan. The task force will hold a public hearing on the final language in March.

In October 2003, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources approved recommendations from the Black Bear Task Force to allow for the state's first bear hunt in 50 years.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Maryland Bear Management Plan Calls for Hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 10:11:59 PM »
Look at the other states that have a season on bear. The ONLY way to even come close to take care of bear/people problems is hunting. I imagine some recent folks in Calif. may have thought this same thing about their protected lions, while the cats were tenderizing the hapless folks for a meal. Maybe Maryland will score one for the hunters, I hope!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments