December 17, 2017, 01:05:20 AM

Author Topic: Winchester Model 94  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
Winchester Model 94
« on: June 26, 2005, 03:18:50 AM »
Got a question for you guys.  My grandpa had a Winchester Model 94 which he used for hunting.  It was then given to my dad when he was younger so he could hunt.  Well it hasnt been used in many years and I pulled it out this evening just to get a good look at her.  I than got curious about her history. where she was made, her birth date etc.  I used the serial number and looked online, the only thing i can find is that she was made in 1978.  other than that im clue less.  ive looked everywhere online, does anyone know of a site or book that i could locate the history for this gun?  thanks for any help. oh and if you need the serial number its 4582898.  thanks again.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: Winchester Model 94
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 06:04:52 PM »
K & P.........Go onto the Western Sportsman Magazine web site and contact them. Thier guns and ammo guy seems to be pretty up on that stuff and maybe he can help you out.
                                            :mrgreen:
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »
thanks bear, I cant find out how to contact him though.  I went ot here site but they jstu had stuff like "contact the editor".  thanks again though.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »
I would just contact Winchester and ask them.  Look on their web site.  On there somewhere they should have somewhere to submit a question.  You may have to go through 2-3 people, but I'm sure you'll eventually get the answer.

Those Winchester 94's are good guns!  My brother killed his first deer with a pre-'64 model.  His son used the same gun a couple of years ago to kill his first deer also.  I used the gun several years ago and got a good 7 pt and a couple of does with it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
It definately is a good gun, alot of legacy to it but its not like a trophy rifle you never use, pretty rugged and very dependable.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline hickory50

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 10:45:02 PM »
One of the best ones ever made for hunting in the timber. It will kill every time as long as you don't streach the range and make a good shot. I've used one a bunch in .30-.30 WCF and in my experience you are better off using a 170 grain bullet in it. I have used every kind of handload I can think of, and the 170's have always did the job better than any other.

Facebook Comments