December 15, 2018, 02:01:30 PM

Author Topic: up nort ice fishin  (Read 2481 times)

travo

Re: up nort ice fishin
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »
the pics are in the photo album.

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
 :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:08:46 PM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

travo

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 09:30:10 PM »
hey, D, nice perch! must have been a great day! what were ya usin fer bait?

Offline D45/70

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »
hey, D, nice perch! must have been a great day! what were ya usin fer bait?

We were using small pink jigs and Magets
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 08:41:36 PM »
One question I've got for you ice fishermen. How do you know where the fish are going to be, "before" you dig a hole and drag a shack out there? These lakes are pretty huge right? What makes your spot, "the" spot?
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

travo

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 11:00:06 PM »
as a general rule of thumb, shallow places in the first and last ice, deep places in the dead of winter. it also deepends on what yer fishin for. pike are shallow all season. walleyes and perch suspend and relate more to cover. crappies suspend early then go deep. at least around here. how bout over there D?

Offline D45/70

Re: up not ice fishing
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 09:53:37 AM »
Well thats most of the story BUT!!
 Trout seam to like the shallow water and so do the pike. The perch seam to wander around the lake. I have only got one walleye out of the ice so I can't make any conclusions on them. Bass seam to disappear in the winter I haven't ever heard of any one getting a bas through the ice. We use a portable Fish Finder when we first go out it will shoot through the ice and show you depth and strucker ( No Fish). We only have hand augers so we don't need to be digging more holes then we need to . The ice is at three feet now and we can use 6 tip ups each so every hole is at a premium.

travo

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 11:08:15 AM »
3 feet with a hand auger? i thought i had it bad with 2 feet to go through. yep, bass shut down in winter it seems. ive heard of a few bein caught round here, but not many. tried pullin a plug behind the 4 wheeler, but just heard a funny bumping sound coming from under the ice. oh well, spring is comin'!

Facebook Comments