November 24, 2017, 01:31:43 PM

Author Topic: Caught a bass with a net!  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Caught a bass with a net!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »
Wow... I'd totally forgotten about this post... re-props to BC. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
I was with my wife and inlaws years ago and spotted about a 3 pounder in some pond moss. I got him with a dipnet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
Now, that's a nice fish-a big old guy like that shoulda been smarter. But coming from fishing capital USA, Florida, he's still a huge pond fish, but if you go out on any of the big lakes its a fingerling in comparrison. I've seen people pull 13 pounders out at midnight on a full moon from some of these swamps-heard stories of 16-19 lb fish also-but no confirmations. And these aren't those 10 year old trout gorged California bass-they've earned every pound and most of them show a LOT of wear on their hides. They must be 20 years old by the time they get that big. Ya'll should come down here and have a good time catching "monster" 5 pounders like bream...if you can handle the 'skeeters. Again, congrats on the netting-great relfexes!

travo

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 10:34:41 PM »
wow,a blast from the past! dixiebango and firekidd? where have you gone?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »
Now, that's a nice fish-a big old guy like that shoulda been smarter. But coming from fishing capital USA, Florida, he's still a huge pond fish, but if you go out on any of the big lakes its a fingerling in comparrison. I've seen people pull 13 pounders out at midnight on a full moon from some of these swamps-heard stories of 16-19 lb fish also-but no confirmations. And these aren't those 10 year old trout gorged California bass-they've earned every pound and most of them show a LOT of wear on their hides. They must be 20 years old by the time they get that big. Ya'll should come down here and have a good time catching "monster" 5 pounders like bream...if you can handle the 'skeeters. Again, congrats on the netting-great relfexes!

I 'netted' the fish here in KY.  The dang bass get so big by eating baby ducks! >:(  Each year we have several Mallards nest on the lake.  Each year, they hatch out quite a few little ones.  AAANNNDDD each year, the bass eat all of the baby ducks! >:(  The baby geese are usually a little too big for the bass to tackle, but not for lack of trying though! ;D  It's been several years since we had any baby ducks survive though. >:(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »
wow,a blast from the past! dixiebango and firekidd? where have you gone?
hey check the dates  sorry aint no blast from the past :'(
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

travo

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
hey,man,fall of 2005? thats almost 1 1/2 years ago.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 07:20:14 PM »
Pretty bad when the KY Redneck has to serve as interpreter.......... :roll:

Plott, travo was talking about the age of the post itself and it being brought back up.

Travo, Plott thought you meant that the posts from DB and firekidd were recent.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

travo

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 07:33:51 PM »
what? ethel is on fire and the zebra is in the graveyard?

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »
Ducks-that's be a sight. I can imagine they would fit handily in a bass's mouth, but I have never seen it. Maybe thats why we mostly see wood ducks down here(growing in in the trees until they get to big to be eaten). I gotta try a duck lure when I get up north again. Thanks for the tip.

Facebook Comments