December 18, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

Author Topic: fun way to catch animals  (Read 1217 times)

Offline squadoosh

• Gut Pile Guide
  • its time to check out
fun way to catch animals
« on: July 01, 2005, 02:01:52 AM »
me an my dad put out traps near the trash cans because we have problems with animals getting into our garbage and they seem to bee working great. so far we caught 4 or 5 coons 2 cats and just the other day we caught a possom. its kinda funny.
its a bird its a plane its a....

Offline Whitetail870

• Applied for my club membership...
  • me after a good goose hunt
Re: fun way to catch animals
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:40:35 PM »
Do you kill em? In my town its against the law to fire a projectile now that didnt stop me untill some people saw me kill a bird and called cops. :'( But now when i catch a cat in my have a heart trap or (harts) as i call em, I just soak em in the hose and piss it off. I encourage you to do the same.

A concerned club member,
keep your friends close and your guns closer!

To better understand history is to understand the gun!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »
We have a neighborhood black cat that is going to find it's way into a trap, or SOMETHING. :twisted: I watched it almost catch a squirrel a while back. The squirrel barely outran the cat and made it up a telephone pole, out of the cat's reach. Ever heard of .22 BB caps? :twisted: O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Squirrel Commander

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »
870 You soak a little animal in a closed cage just to piss it off!!!!! How Cruel!!!! Just kidding i used to do that all the time except my freind billy would also shoot it with his airsoft gun. I think that was a little over the line.
One shot, make 'em drop like a rock.

Offline garzaglass

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 02:50:03 PM »
Ive done it too!  Ive caught cats, possom, and racoon in my haveaheart trap.  the reason I even got the trap is because something (im sure it was a cat) was craping on my porch right in front of my door!  As much as I hate cats I cant bring myself to kill one from the neighborhood not knowing if its some little girls or not.  so I brought it in the backyard and soaked it.  it never came back!  the possoms and racoons of course got a free ride into the country and a 22 round in between the eyes.  Possoms sure do stink! 

One thing anybody in a neighborhood needs for pest control is 22 rounds called colibri from aguila.  these are the handiest bullets ive ever used.  They only have a primer with no powder in the round and they sound just like a bb gun.  I have killed animals up to racoon size in my back yard with those.  They are barley faster than a bb gun yet as acurate at a 22.  one time our trash started getting torn up and ransacked.  I was getting ready to put the trap out and I had just let my dog out for the nightly pee when I heard what sounded like a huge dog climbing the tree next to me.  I turned just in time to see a black tail going up the tree.  my porch light only gives me about 2 feet of light up the tree so I got my maglight and shinned it up the tree and could catch glimses of an eye here and there.  I got at a different angle and could see it was a family of 4 racoons from small to extra large.  it looked like they had pulled together a bunch of limbs in the tree to make a huge nest about 15 feet up.  I got my wife and my 10/22 with the colibri bullets and had her shine the flashlight at them.  one bullet for each racoon.  just aimed right between the glowing eyes and they dropped one by one.  my wife always frowns upon me shooting in the back yard but even she thought that was pretty cool!  If I so much as set off one little black cat in my backyard some of cranky neighbors call the cops but with those bullets they never know.  the only problem I have with them is that they are short and dont feed in a regular magazine so I have to feed them into my 10/22 one by one witch is time consuming but I would imagine with a bolt action they would load really fast.  here is the website i order them from http://www.chestnutridge.com/products/ammo.asp.  I used to get them from gun shows but they are getting scarce. 

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 06:38:59 PM »
garza, you can also pick up some CCI CB shorts or longs. The longs will feed in your ruger, but they have no difference in noise over the shorts. I found they haMany a squirrel has fallen prey ve very little powder in them and sound like a pellet gun. They run about $5 for 100 of them.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 07:32:35 PM »
Garzaglass is refering to the BB caps, of which I have a can of. Yes, they are very deadly and quiet. O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 08:09:50 AM »
i find they also make good experimental targets to compair broad heads on.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 05:20:55 PM »
Many a backyard critter has fallen to BB/CB caps... Like said before CCI makes a long CB that will fit your clips, etc... They have the same grain weight bullet as a regular round but with less zip and bang. They also don't have enough power to eject from your 10/22 but you can manualy eject it and feed the next round in. I used to use them for the backyard till I bought my pellet gun... even less noise.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Facebook Comments