December 16, 2017, 10:04:06 AM

Author Topic: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Long Time Reader, First Time Poster
« on: July 06, 2005, 02:46:04 PM »
Hello all.  I have been reading the posts here for a number of months now, quite interesting.  I live in Greensburg, PA, close to Pittsburgh.  I hunt what ever is in season, especially squirrels.  Sounds like I need to get one of those .17 HMR's to fit in here though.  I currently kill the tree rats with a 12 Gauge or a .22.  Anyway, just wanted to say you have an excellent site and to keep it up.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Re: Long Time Reader, First Time Poster
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 06:54:34 PM »
Even though you don't have a .17HMR, (yet?)- You are still welcome at GUTPILESTYLE.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 07:01:42 PM »
We're glad to see you join in!   8)  Welcome aboard!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 12:44:53 AM »
Welcome ,come on and have a seat by the fire. But first , it's your turn to pass the beverages.
Don't let them fool you, didn't none of them start with an HMR and several of us are still hoping and planning for one. But we still play well together.
John Andrews is my hero !

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 03:39:01 AM »
Theyare right you don't have to have the HMR but once you have it you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.Besides the accuracy the cartridge is just cute.Kinda looks like a .222 somebody got wet and it shrunk.You do have to be careful with it though, if one of the sadistic tree rats moves a little on you you are lilely to have a 2 piecer when you go to roll him out of his skin
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 08:34:32 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all.  Yes I am planning on getting a .17 one of these days.  However, the wife might use it on me if I keep purchasing outdoor equipment.  Over the last year, I bought a new (Mad River) canoe, paddles, pfd's, St. Croix Rod, ton of lures, waders, and a 4 x 12 Leopold for my 30-06.  Of course, when I get the .17, I will need a bigger gun cabinet, mine's getting a little full.  Then I will want to but more guns to fill the empty spaces in the new gun cabinet.  Nasty, vicious cycle, isn't it.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:21:28 AM »
Mad River, Welcome to our Forum! It sounds like you are getting the necessary equipment for outings. Yes, you NEED a .17! Heck, if you are getting all your cabinets filled, it's time to get another cabinet, or just drive a couple of spikes into the wall and hang it.  Well, maybe not on the spikes in the wall. Your wife may threaten to drive some spikes somewhere not welcomed! Do what I do, start filling the closets. Yep. The closets. When she runs across your latest purchase, just tell her, That old gun? Heck, I've had that one forever"! :wink: O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:46:38 AM »
John Andrews - my wife will not permit guns hanging on the walls.  Heck, she made me hang my boar's head mount in the attic.  My hunting & fishing stuff does not fit in with her "Country Living" decor.

I gotta keep the guns locked up, teenage stepson isn't trustworthy all the time.  Overall good kid and hunting partner, but some days?????  Typical teenager I guess.

I would never be able to sneak a gun purchase by her, she is one of those money budgeting nuts.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 08:23:53 PM »
How does hunting and fishing not go with country living. I understand the open display thing. I got three daughters and that means lots of strange kids and strange kids coming and going.
John Andrews is my hero !

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline squadoosh

• Gut Pile Guide
  • its time to check out
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 09:35:01 PM »
nice to have u hear make urself feel at home
its a bird its a plane its a....

Facebook Comments