November 24, 2017, 12:25:39 AM

Author Topic: knife hunts  (Read 3966 times)

Offline affordablehoghunts

• http://affordablehoghunts.com
knife hunts
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:17:38 PM »
was wondering if knife hunting would fall under the catagory of primative.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
knife hunts
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »
Yep - that's about as primitive as it gets.  :twisted:
We've got some guys on our club that really get into that with the hogs.  With my luck, if one of the dogs didn't end up biting me, I'd probably slash myself! lol
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
knife hunts
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 11:39:22 PM »
Or,just get the hog pissed off! No,we don't want the hog to sample you! It would be bad,like you said,to slash yourself out there hunting, and probably a jillion miles from help. How about a .58 cal."knife"? You get the hog mad and keep him busy chasing you around the tree while Bigcal shoots him? Or,stick tha hog good, and then have the hog chase you around and around the tree,until the hogs drops?I just gotta poke some fun here,I can't resist. Seriously, if you stuck the hog in the jugular, it would still take 15 to 30 seconds for him to hang it up,usually. I worked in a hog kill packing house for 8 years, and it takes a hog a while to die!  I also shot a large boar cinnamon bear in the neck with a 12GA from just a few feet away. He died instantly,the shot completely blew up three neck bones and completely severed the spinal cord. The dang bear flopped like a chicken, and really cleared some big brush! The old cuss was a real problem bear,and chased two gals and their kids while they were berry picking. I saw it happen right in front of me while bow hunting him the day before. The old double Stevens was just the cure!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

knifehunting
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 02:50:17 PM »
got a couple guys from tenn. comming up to hunt deer this year in michigan. "tallpine" is one andthe other is "briar" they make knives,andguide boar hunts down near nashville.they have each taken aboar with knives they made. i think they  have a website.maybe briar and tallpine?or something like that. i'llseeificanfind it

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunts
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 02:11:51 AM »
Thanks, John! I would really like to track those fellas down and chat with them.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline DIXIEBANJO

knife hunts
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 08:28:53 AM »
l almost went knife hunting for russian boars.....................desided I wanted to live a little longer.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
knife hunts
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 11:24:05 PM »
There you go John A., a true test for one of your knives! :D  :shock:

Knives are for gutting and skinning.  MUZZLELOADERS and PISTOLS are for killing stuff with!!!! :wink:  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunts
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 05:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Big58cal

Knives are for gutting and skinning.  MUZZLELOADERS and PISTOLS are for killing stuff with!!!! :wink:  :D
That is certainly a wise choice! Hey, how about a sword type blade, about 10 feet long? :wink: Or, a spear, and we will watch the action from the tree top? Or, maybe a bayonet on a good rifle? You could use the bayonet to pole vault up to the first tree limb, if you miss with the rifle. If you mess up killing a big hog with a blade, you might just prefer to throw yourself on the blade. It would probably be more humane the the hog getting hold :shock:  of you! :wink:  :shock:  :shock:

Offline DIXIEBANJO

knife hunts
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 02:47:40 PM »
those "tusks" on hogs are razor sharp!I know a guy that spent 16 hours in a tree.I guess the hogs like treeing humans.He finally jumped down and made an olympic sprint to his nearby truck bed.He pulled his 10 guage down from the rack and shot the pig.He now has a nice scar on the back of his leg where the hog layed him open him before he got completey in the bed.Thats the story he tells whenever sombody makes a remark about carrying a 10 guage in a rack in his truck bed.He wasnt even hunting when that happened.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunts
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 11:30:48 AM »
Quote from: Big58cal

BC, I fully agree with you! I don't want to be close enough to a wild hog to try to stick it with a knife!  :shock:

Facebook Comments