October 21, 2017, 05:15:08 PM

Author Topic: knife hunting  (Read 4148 times)

Offline affordablehoghunts

• http://affordablehoghunts.com
knife hunting
« on: February 04, 2004, 09:23:33 PM »
any knife hunters out there?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
knife hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 10:51:06 PM »
Can't say as I really have any desire to try it!  I've killed a couple of deer with a knife, but that was slitting their throughts (do you know how hard it is to keep up with them!!! :D ).  One was a spine shot deer, the other was a bad hit by another guy, and I walked upon the deer.

We've got a woman on here that wants to get a bear with a spear.  Pretty close to what you're talking about I would suspect.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline affordablehoghunts

• http://affordablehoghunts.com
knife hunting
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 06:51:05 PM »
ive seen spear hunts on black bear out of stands. we guide knife hunts but i love hearing about any extreme hunting storys out there. gun hunting  just isnt the same anymore.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 10:41:23 PM »
Just my opinion, but you people are NUTS! :D

BTW, tell us about your user name.  Got something we might be interested in?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

knife hunting
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 12:25:53 AM »
LOL...now, Bigcal...we ain't nuts!..lol.  I've never knife hunted(..lol...yet)... I imagine you use em on hawgs, right?...(kinda took that from your user name...).That's awesome.  Do ya use dogs as well?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
knife hunting
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 03:35:57 AM »
I think the hog or bear would have better odds if you tried to use ONLY a knife to kill them. No offense, but I would put my money on the critter coming out on top! we know hard it is to kill either one by the usual means.  :shock: Also, I can't run all that fast, anymore!  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

knife hunting
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 04:52:57 AM »
Yeah....knifing hawgs isn't really dangerous....especially if you use dogs...it's controversial in the fact that some see it "inhumane"...bears...is a different story.  Spearing bears isn't as dangerous as shooting one, simply because it's done over bait...in a tree...and the guide will have a gun "incase"....so, perhaps it's "inhumane"...but, you know, I say, ..."It's a BEAR!"   :twisted:   But, it's as dangerous as any other means....(and we know they are)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 11:15:11 PM »
The only thing I can think of as being inhumane is if the critter gets ahold of you! Dang! I can imagine what a small hog or bear can do,let alone,a BIG one! Both are pretty darn tough,as we know. I know a fella that spears hogs in California, and he does most of it from a tree. It would be exciting,hunting with just a knife or spear,I'll give you that! Bow hunting dangerous game with a bow is dangerous enough,too. But,we just gotta do it! Heck,some sheeple have never really lived! :mrgreen:  :!:  :!:  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

april

knife hunting
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 11:35:54 PM »
LOL...I like your way of thinking... 8)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 10:45:54 AM »
Thanks,April! I know everyone here likes excitement,too. I see sheeple every day, and  feel sorry for them. EXCEPT the antis! Some folks have never been exposed to the outdoors,so they naturally join a flock. I worked with a fellow officer that was a sheeple in the respect that he was an anti. He has moved on to other employment because he finally discovered that to do what we do at work,there is no room for an anti. He could not bring himself to shoot an animal when required, and made the mistake of critisizing me for doing the job without hesitation. He even complained to the Captains and Lts.! Well,you can imagine where that put him with the rest of his fellow officers! Nice guy,but NOT "all there"! I say, you gotta LIVE life, and do it while you are young enough to do it. :!:  :)

Facebook Comments