October 23, 2017, 10:25:18 PM

Author Topic: knife hunting  (Read 4149 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
knife hunting
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 12:23:45 PM »
Hmmm-m-m-m,I could just swing by Louisville on the way down to Texas, and pick up this other hog hunter, and ....................................... .
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 07:58:58 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me!  If only we could get a reply for affordablehoghunts!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 10:29:28 AM »
Yeah, where did he go? Probably out hunting our hogs! I don't think I am  too enthuised about me knife hunting a hog: I would rather be the gun backup!  I figure that's why there are still a few of us Indians left, we found out an easier way.  As you get older, it gets harder to balance on the edge!  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline catfishsr

NEVER KNIFE HUNTED BE FORE
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 10:48:57 PM »
I  NEVER  USED MY KNIFE TO HUNT ,BUT I HAVE HAD TO USE ON SEVERAL BADLY SHOOT HOGS OVER THE YEARS . TO MAKE MY HUNNTING MORE EXCITEING I HAVE BEEN HUNTING WIYH A PISTOL. IT MAKES ME MORE CAREFUL AND A WHOLE LOT MORE HUMBLE .LAST YEAR I SHOT A 350 PLUS HOG AT 3 FEET .HE CAME UP OUT OF SOME SHRUBS HE WAS RESTING IN (BOY WOULD I TO KNOW WHAT MY PULSE RATE WAS THEN  [-o< )I SHOT HIM WITH MY 45/70 BFR .1 SHOT PUT HIM DOWN AND OUT . HE MADE GOOD SUSAGE PATTIES  :mrgreen:  I  MIGHT LIKE TO GO KNIFE HUNTTING SOUNDS LIKE FUN .       :D
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
knife hunting
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 09:58:17 AM »
Dang, that's TOO CLOSE for comfort! You think you should have just stabbed the rascal? Just joking! I don't want to poke fun at anyone intending on knife hunting a hog, and I realize anyone crazy enough to undertake such an adventure would use good judgement, with total disreguard to bodily injuries and dismemberment. Hey, just jokin' again! You stab 'em, I will shoot 'em. Or, you slice them, I'll dice 'em. The closest dangerous animal I have killed (excluding poisonous snakes) was a bear, about 3 feet from my gun muzzle. The encounter was not planned for that close, and a knife kill was the farthest thing from my mind at the time! Hey,my bowells and bladder held, too! The bear let go, though, with the help of a cutload. I understand that dogs are used to distract the hog while the knife kill is done. That sounds possible, and exciting. I will leave that up to you nimble and quick fearless folks. I want to get even older than I am. I have a boss at work I would like to take hog hunting. I would just give my boss a green switch and send him in for the kill. And put my money and hopes on the hog. =D>

Offline catfishsr

knife hunting
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2004, 07:29:54 PM »
.JOHN

i did not plane on that hog getting that close period . but i have allways been a beliver in being prepard for anything and evrey thing !!!! :o
i have had very few supprises out in the woods  :D (i say my [-o< prayers eat my vitaims alot :D )i was thaught by two old seminol indains that befrinded a young eager kid that wanted to hunt  :D . i am to this day very gratful to those men , i try to carry on what they did for me by taching outher kids how to hunt and apreciate the out doors .i am highley envold with the boy scouts around here . i hope others out there would teach some others like i was thaught.  

OH BY THE WAY JOHN MY BLADER WAS FINE ALSO!!!!!!!!!!! =D> (HE HE)
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Facebook Comments