November 20, 2017, 12:29:17 AM

Author Topic: IP is at it again......  (Read 820 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
IP is at it again......
« on: February 09, 2004, 07:28:46 PM »
The bad news finally came our way.  Our club has received a letter letting us know that International Paper has placed our lease on the chopping block for March.  They will be selling about 3000 acres - of which our lease is a part.    Everyone else that this has happened to in the past had to wait until late summer before hearing anything else and their leases fees have all gone up.   As if it was already expensive enough......   ](*,)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
IP is at it again......
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
I don't know that much about the lease that you guys are in, but what can be done about it?  Are they looking to sell the land?  If so, maybe you guys can go in together and buy it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
IP is at it again......
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 02:56:44 AM »
I would think they would have to honor your lease agreement if they sell the land and your lease agreement was still in effect. It could be, maybe, they would have a legal problem selling land that is still leased. I would think in some parts, it would be like a lein on the property, in court.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
IP is at it again......
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »
Since it's a 3000 acre tract, we're pretty much out of luck.  I don't think we could ever raise the moola.  :cry:

I would have to get our contract down to see the specifics, but from what I've heard from other guys at work, they didn't have any recourse.  I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments