November 18, 2017, 08:59:36 AM

Author Topic: Squirrel Fever  (Read 2376 times)

Offline bamahunter

Squirrel Fever
« on: July 27, 2005, 12:15:16 PM »
Well it has finally hit me again this year. :D 2 months away from squirrel season in Alabama and the squirrel fever is getting real bad. I've got gun cleaned, got the ammo, and made room in the freezer. Anyone got any ideas on what to do for 2 months until the season comes in?

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Squirrel Fever
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 12:28:03 PM »
Hanging out at Gut Pile Style is the only thing that will hold you over when you've got it bad!  :twisted:

Hang in there - it's just around the corner!! 
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 02:20:13 AM »
What GP says is true. This place has saved my sanity many times during off season.  O0 O0 O0Ummmm, maybe get out and shoot some targets or varmints, the 4 legged kind, or try to drown your sorrows by going fishing and drowning some worms. Another maybe, if you bowhunt, do some bow fishing. That makes a good fill-in. Then invite BC, GP, and me over for some good ol' deep fried carp! Oh, kill enough for firekidd, Ks_ Our bear huntin' pals from up north, and the rest of the gang.  I wonder what cold refreshment goes good with deep fried fish. Gee, that's a tough one. :wink: ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 09:20:34 AM »
WOODCHUCK!

Offline Hands

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 01:48:13 AM »
lol..there's plenty to do whilst ya wait(although, it ain't quite the same  :wink: ). We got possums, armadillos, snakes..and there's fishing. (If you can handle the heat...it sure has been hot!  :sad: )

Offline bamahunter

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 09:32:27 AM »
All of these are real good suggestions. During squirrel season I get to hunt everyday and usually kill 3 to 4 a day. So I spend the rest of the year waiting for the season to open back up. Anyone in Alabama of close to Alabama want to get together and plan a hunt let me know. I've got 50 acres of my own and have access to a couple hundred more I hunt Squirrels on.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 11:12:30 AM »
Y'all have lots of squackers down there, and lots of varmints. I can imagine some certain locations where they get thinned out :twisted:pretty well! Catfishsr is surrounded by them. Ol' CF and is family have a heavy schedule because of being under siege, but they shoot their way out! It must be kinda like the Alamo there, with all the wild hogs, snakes, squirrels, and other varmints. :wink: O0 O0 O0 O0 When it gets to be a full assault upon CF's place, he drags out the big .50s and drives back the few survivors.  O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline jajwrigh

• Hunt,fish, and camp
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 06:06:48 PM »
15 days and counting here in Indiana!!!  I am a hardcore squirrel hunter as well....it doesn't get much better in the early season.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 11:15:12 AM »
Our season doesn't open until Sept. 1. :'(I', gonna be ready! :twisted: O0

Offline Whitetail870

• Applied for my club membership...
  • me after a good goose hunt
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 10:22:25 AM »
my season in IL just opened but i have not gotten to go out. :'(
keep your friends close and your guns closer!

To better understand history is to understand the gun!

Facebook Comments