November 22, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

Author Topic: Take a Child squirrel hunting.  (Read 1537 times)

Offline bamahunter

Take a Child squirrel hunting.
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:13:06 AM »
If any of you have children and you take them hunting, it will be as rewarding for you as it is for the child. I told my 8 year old daughter squirrel hunting for the first time last season. She got so excited when she seen her first tree rat she almost scared it off. But when the shot rang out from that .410 shotgun and that squirrel fell to the ground it made me proud ^-^ and the happiest Daddy in the whole world.  ;D So, take a day off work and take your child hunting.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Take a Child squirrel hunting.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 01:03:40 AM »
Good for you taking that girl hunting and all . You do us proud. I always said " ther ain't nothing a boy can do that a girl can't, except write her name in the snow (unless her name is Dot) ". You stay at it and she'll make a fine Gutpiler one day  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 12:31:07 AM »
That's really neat, taking your kids hunting. I used to take all 4 of mine hunting, 3 boys and 1 girl. My daugher has 2 kids of her own, and informed me she wants to go squirrel hunting with me this year. Does it get any better than that? Nope! :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Irishshooter

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 01:42:06 PM »
Myself and my son Lucas will both be heading to the woods for our first squirrel hunt in September.  I don't know who is more anxious.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 08:36:48 AM »
i have my 15 yr old daughter and my 12 yr old nephew this year  next year my son will be joining us.... told them all they HAD to do it once, then i dont care...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline squadoosh

• Gut Pile Guide
  • its time to check out
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 03:50:44 PM »
I'm not a dad i mean I'm only 12 but my dad takes me squirel hunting alot although we havent got anything yet i still have alot of fun going
its a bird its a plane its a....

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 05:33:12 PM »
I'm not a dad i mean I'm only 12 but my dad takes me squirel hunting alot although we havent got anything yet i still have alot of fun going
   there ya go from the mouth of a kid on the subject... it dont matter if you get anything its the getting out that counts!!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline squadoosh

• Gut Pile Guide
  • its time to check out
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 09:12:30 PM »
thats the thing about hunting sometimes u get something sometimes u dont but eather way u just gata have fun O0
its a bird its a plane its a....

Facebook Comments