December 13, 2017, 01:55:36 PM

Author Topic: BSA Sweet .17  (Read 857 times)

Offline WVdeerHNTR

• Gut Pile Club Member
BSA Sweet .17
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:08:15 PM »
i have a question about this (hope you all get what im asking lol) Ok when you first put the scope on and you wana get sight it in how do you adjust the the elevation? do you use the turret for the bullet drop compensator? because i was thinking if you do wouldnt that make the comp. all messed up ? or is there a seperate eleva. setting hope you all get wat im saying i dont have a .17 yet but plan on getting one Soon  O0
If its brown its down

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: BSA Sweet .17
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 11:18:27 PM »
I'm not sure about the adjustments. I think it's built in as a dual retical. I'll PM you with a web site where you can research to your hearts desire. For the most part these scopes are not well thought of. Like most things , some folks swear by them and some swear at them. Mostly at, in this case. Sometimes you get a good one but longevity is yet to be seen on the good ones. I just checked their website and boy have their prices gone up. Nearly double from six mos. ago.There are deffinately scopes on the market with a better reputation for the same money. I don't like that the website doesn't give some info such as 1/8 or 1/4 moa click adj., eye releif ect. Serious shooters want to see these numbers ( even if they don't understand them).If the website wasn't thought out very well , were the scopes? If you decide to pursue this scope check e-bay , some of those are still going for the old prices.

In my own opinion if your working on a tight budget as most everyone is these days, you can't beat the Simmons line. Similar pricing to the current BSA with a much better reputation. The Whitetail Classic, Aetec and 44 Mag model come to mind as well as the now obsolete but much revered ATV. All far better thought of than BSA,Nc-Star and a few other new made in china name brands.Simmons scopes are made in the orient also but in countrys where optics and quality have been taken very seriously for years.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: BSA Sweet .17
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 11:09:29 PM »
I have one of them and I am satisfied with the scope...
To answer your question, sight in the scope using the top turret as normal.  sight in at 100 yards.  when you are done, use the small allen wrench that was supplied with the scope and loosen the three small set screws that are in the ring around the top turret.  (You are actually loosening the shell of the turret from the actual adjustment part.)  Turn the outer shell (making sure that it isn't "clicking" and making any adjustments)  untill the 100 yard mark is lined up with the dot that faces the rear of the scope......  Carefully tighten the three set screws so so the turret shell is anchored again.  shoot at different ranges to make sure that it is zeroed....  and enjoy!!!

P.S. If you can, try the rifle at different ranges, so you can see if the built in comp matches up with the point of impact!!!

when all done, put the crosshairs on a squirrels eye and watch it drop!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Facebook Comments