December 16, 2017, 11:24:24 PM

Author Topic: old carbon arrows  (Read 945 times)

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
old carbon arrows
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:53:05 PM »
i just got a dozen old carbon arrows with the flecth all torn up, i was wondering how you can determine thickness and diameter if there are no numbers on them.  Like a easton gamegetter 2018.......ones the thickness, ones the diameter right???  which is what........and is that metric measure, or fractional?
Proud Democrat

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: old carbon arrows
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 08:24:05 PM »
Those kind of numbers apply to aluminum arrows only. the first 2 numbers are the outside diameter in 64ths of an inch. 20/64 = 10/32 = 5/16. The next two numbers I'm not dead certain on, I think they are the inside diameter in 128 ths of an inch. Might be the wall thickness in thousandth's.
 On the carbon arrows the rules change. You may have to check with your local bow shop or indoor range. Each size arrow has a different weight per inch. With careful measuring and weighing on a bullet/ archery scale they might be able to take a good guess but will proably suggest strongly you buy the proper size from the get-go and be safe rather than sorry.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: old carbon arrows
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:31:55 PM »
and when they get torn up and too bad for your liking to use in the bow take them to a hobby shop, they may buy them for airplane  parts...
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments