December 15, 2017, 01:18:04 AM

Author Topic: New to site  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: New to site
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 02:40:11 PM »
Congratulations on the fish, but what on earth is burning powder out of the smoke pole? ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 02:46:14 PM »
Congratulations on the fish, but what on earth is burning powder out of the smoke pole? ???
black powder hnting, ya burn the powder, and the smoke pole is a slang for the rifle, it goes BOOM and then smokes impressively.... looks good for 4th of july if you use a paper wad instead of lead, i usually get a foot or so flame out the end, then get borred and pull out the cannon....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 02:51:48 PM »
I must say, I have never heard of Black Powder, Flintlocks, or Muzzleloaders referred to as Smoke Poles and burning the powder.  Look at that, learn something new every day, or is it just that I have been living under a rock?  A Flintlock, Smoke Pole is on my list of things to purchase one of these days. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »
check out the flinklock setion, they are fun...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »
Flintlocks are nice, but precusion, or my Smoke Pole is in-line 50 cal. , 209 primer, not only smokes alot, but also barks like bear with 150 grain of powder, 295 grn con. bullet. :shock:
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 03:10:43 PM »
Marlin - I have shot percussion cap, in-line, and flintlock.  All are quite cool.  Heck, any gun for that matter is cool.  Anyway, in Pennsylvania, we specifically have a "True Flintlock Only" season; no scopes just iron sites.  So, when I buy a muzzle loader, it will be flintlock.  I know we can use percussion and in-line during the regular rifle season, but that is why I have a Winchester 30-30 and a Browning 30-.06.  O0

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 04:15:26 PM »
Iron sights. :D
 I do love um, but being left handed puts the hammer to close to the eye ball(flints too)
 I use inline. I did own a left handed flint :'(      Theives, all I have to say, and couldn't find the time or funds to replace it, so inline is the one for now. :-\
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Facebook Comments