December 13, 2017, 02:24:47 AM

Author Topic: What does your spouse think??  (Read 3746 times)

Offline DeathFromAbove

What does your spouse think??
« on: September 02, 2003, 09:04:10 PM »
What do your spouses (or significant other - for those who haven't taken the plunge yet) think about your hunting addiction?   Mine has grown to accept it over the years.   I still can't get her to hunt with me, but she's finally past the "poor little woodland creature" phase.   What about you?
 :?:

Offline BOWFANATIC

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 05:53:49 AM »
She thinks I'm nuts! She knows she has to accept it , but she'll never be out of that "poor little woodland creature phase"
>>>----Doug--->

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 06:58:46 AM »
Mine doesn't like it.  She's learned to accept it, but still doesn't like it.  Now, we've got a 20 month old.  She used him last year and this year to get me to stay home and not go hunting.  Good thing is, in a few years he'll be going with me!  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 07:53:29 PM »
:twisted: Mine  does almost everything with me,Fishing,Camping,goes scouting with my for Turkey Season,but she still has an Issue about Lowering the boom. As long as I skin it,and gut it,she`ll clean it!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 11:13:10 PM »
my fiance wanted to set our wedding date on the opening weekend of shotgun season. i told her she was nuts. heck i ain't missed a day hunting for sixteen years and i don't plan on missing one this year either. she didn't think it was so funny. but she comes from a family who hunts too. but she always tells me to go do the boy thing in the woods and come home when i'm done. couldn't ask for better.  :roll:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Doe Belly

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 11:12:35 AM »
Quote from: southern sun
my fiance wanted to set our wedding date on the opening weekend of shotgun season. i told her she was nuts. heck i ain't missed a day hunting for sixteen years and i don't plan on missing one this year either. she didn't think it was so funny. but she comes from a family who hunts too. but she always tells me to go do the boy thing in the woods and come home when i'm done. couldn't ask for better.  :roll:

Hehe - lucky you made it throught that one southern sun!  I don't blame ya - but still wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes!! lol :wink:

Offline ck

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2003, 04:15:01 PM »
She thinks I'm nuts

She's right

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: What does your spouse think??
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 07:52:25 PM »
Bringing this one back to the top.   What about the rest of you?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 09:04:16 PM »
Well...it is nice that we share the addiction.  :) Sometimes we get to hunt together, sometimes we take turns watching the kids so the other can go. Now that the kids are getting a little older we have started getting them involved too.

It is also nice that BOTH of us have the ability to kill, gut, skin, clean, cook-and hang it on the wall!!
*you do not want to see my house...lol..well, maybe you do..ha ha ha*

I can't even imagine my spouse not being my best hunting partner...and i know he feels the same way.

LadyT
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 10:26:59 PM »
Who cares ;D ;D ;D ;D..................................jes kiddin........................mine does'nt come along anymore...............its a long story.............................that includes her possible last will and testament, getting lost for hours, and scaring the heck outta a couple of guys that were simply minding thier own buisness in a vehicle( still brings chuckles to me when I think about it)..............................but she's okay with me hunting anytime I want
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Facebook Comments