November 23, 2017, 07:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER Catfishing trick!  (Read 1500 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Yet ANOTHER Catfishing trick!
« on: February 20, 2004, 07:13:03 PM »
Where legal, don't just bait all lines with live bait for big cats. Have another line baited with fresh cutbait. I have found that the cats will pass on cut bait for sometimes weeks at a time, and suddenly, want only cutbait. I fished two poles, one baited with live bait, and the other with cut bait, and the two offerings were actually only inches apart. Beleive it or not, the flatheads took the cutbait every time, that day. So the the several channel cats I caught that day.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 07:36:43 PM »
Sounds like a plan!!!

Here's another trick.  After catching some "bigger" catfish, keep the 'belly' meat off of them.  Evidently (according to my mother), the meat has a stronger taste than the rest.  Soak the meat in some kind of catfish attractant (I don't know what kind she uses though).  Let is "sit" for a while and get just a little rancid.  The catfish go crazy over it!

We've got a 5 acre lake stocked mainly with channel cats.  My mother is retired, and spends most of the day at the lake fishing.  I guess she knows what she's talking about!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 07:47:34 PM »
BC, thanks for the tip! I am goint to try it, for sure. Soaking the belly meat in cheese bait would be pretty good, I think. Grasshoppers dunked in stinkbait works good for channel cats.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments