December 12, 2017, 12:59:47 PM

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
What would you do?
« on: November 10, 2003, 09:16:22 AM »
I saw this somewhere else and thought it was a good question.....

You're sitting in your stand when a doe comes by and she is respectable (doe permit). Then in behind her comes a skipper that is wounded badly. The wound appeared to be a coupke of weeks old. He could not walk on that leg and of all things it was in the hind leg. It was clearly a bullet wound. Would you A) let him go and take the doe  b) finish him off and make him part of your bag?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline ck

What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 01:55:34 PM »
B

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
What would you do?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 05:34:30 PM »
I would choose B.  The poor thing has suffered enough and he would look mighty good with some taters on my table! :wink:
Jen :wink:

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
What would you do?
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 05:39:33 PM »
Quote from: Jen
I would choose B.  The poor thing has suffered enough and he would look mighty good with some taters on my table! :wink:
Jen :wink:

Taters n' Tenderloin....... "It don't get no better than that!"   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What would you do?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 08:28:18 PM »
I'd shoot the buck, provided I had a tag.  That's the official statement.

Now for the "unofficial" one....  I'd still shoot the buck.  I hate to see anything in pain and suffering.  That's why I neck-shoot almost all of my deer.  Down right there, no running, no chance of suffering.  That's also why I'm an advocate of bigger calibers.  Bigger calibers mean bigger bullets and more weight.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
What would you do?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 05:15:52 PM »
now let's see. hhmmm...2 tags, one for each..hmmm..a then b. doe could run effectively. take her first. then take out the buck assuming he is having much trouble walking. this i would only do if gun hunting. if with a bow, definitely the buck only.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What would you do?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 08:43:44 PM »
Here's a picture from another site I go to.  The guy decided to shoot this deer, even though he was smaller than what he really wanted.  I think he did the right thing.  He shot it with a gun during Missouri's season.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
What would you do?
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2003, 07:29:18 PM »
I would try to line them up, this can be done, I know. Failing to do that, I would shoot the doe, Then shoot the buck, (He can't run very fast ,right?). I wouldn't tag the buck, Just as I wouldn't tag one I just ran over; but I wouldn't waste him either. I believe any CO who might see this buck would see the old wound and understand the situation, just like he should with a roadkill. Any CO who couln't see this would just be a rectum in my opinion, and I would reluctantly pay my fine. After all, it's only money, and you can't put a price on doing the right thing.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")

Facebook Comments