October 20, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

Author Topic: BACK STRAP SLAP  (Read 1945 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
BACK STRAP SLAP
« on: September 03, 2003, 10:53:25 PM »
THIS IS A GREAT DEER CAMP MEAL!!  this is fast and easy to prepare, complete meal in one!    using one backstrap, cut into two parts sideways. cut a slit down the middle making sure not to cut completely through strap and not through the ends. should look like a hot dog bun with the ends squeezed together. add to pocket,  butter, onions, green peppers, and mushrooms. you can also add, if you like, slices of potatoes. add salt and pepper (i also like garlic powder).  wrap in aluminum foil and cook appropriately.  and  WHOLLA, a meal fit for a king and deer hunters alike!!!!  (secret ingredient.........B...E...E...R) lol! :shock:  :D  :o  :wink:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
BACK STRAP SLAP
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 08:11:05 PM »
Is the beer used to marinate the meat, or the cook!

Sounds great!  I'll have to try it this year.  I'm sure everything and everyone in the surrounding area will be well "marinated"!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline DeathFromAbove

BACK STRAP SLAP
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 09:34:14 PM »
That's definitely one for this season.  One of those little tender ones that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!  hehe

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
BACK STRAP SLAP
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 12:42:51 AM »
i always thought beer was a deer scent and cologne for deer camp?!  you mean you can drink it too? i'll have to try alot this season!!  lol :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
BACK STRAP SLAP
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 12:44:04 AM »
Dang, that sounds delicious! And, the best part, easy to do. Edited to add, I had no venison backstrap, so I tried your idea with pork. You wasn't joking, it's GOOD! I drank the beer first, though. Next time, I will save enough of the "secret ingredient" for the roast!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments