November 23, 2017, 09:59:10 AM

Author Topic: 13 days,,,,,  (Read 1909 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
13 days,,,,,
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:40:14 PM »
13 more days,, i have all my gear cleaned and layed out, calling in sick that morning, maybe the next too.
i've decided to get a new squirrel dog this year, anyone know of any feist breeders in michigan?
been years since i hunted the bucked tooth hoard with a good dog,,, i really loved it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 13 days,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 06:52:08 AM »
John, 13 MORE DAYS? You gonna make it that long? Dang, 13 more days! How you gonna do it, wait 13 MORE DAYS?  :wink: I was out yesterday afternoon, saw only one. It was too hot for the buggers. I was thinking of y'all, though! :wink: O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 02:04:05 AM »
Yall two are LUUUUUUCKY! I have to wait till oct.22 before I can even BEGIN to hunt them squirrels! You better tell us how you do john!
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:50:51 AM »
hey huntsman, where is tobyanna in Pa.?!? never heard of it
and its the 15th of october!!!!!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:52:46 AM »
Sorry bout the misprint :-[.I was thinking of PHEASANT season,being the 22nd.My mistake,I meant the 15th.BTW Morax,If you've ever heared of Mount Pocono,its right near that.Where I live,its only about 2-3 miles away.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 12:54:34 AM by huntsman »
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 06:40:18 AM »
Sorry bout the misprint :-[.I was thinking of PHEASANT season,being the 22nd.My mistake,I meant the 15th.BTW Morax,If you've ever heared of Mount Pocono,its right near that.Where I live,its only about 2-3 miles away.

ahh oks i know where ya are now... I am over here closer to pittsburgh O0
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 09:27:56 AM »
Huntsman, I knocked two out of the trees yesterday morning, only found one. One fell down through a big brushpile, no could get. :'(The one I did get was a big fox squirrel. I only saw about 4, it got warm quick. Our mast crop is good and heavy this year.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »
Hope I get that that luck where I hunt John.Congrats on the rats.Only 20 more days until I.m out in the woods for them tree rats.I hate waiting for the season to come. :'(
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 10:41:21 AM »
Huntsman, I knocked 3 more out of the trees Sunday morning. You gotta help me out here, I'm doing my best to hold back the hairy rascals until your season opens. One was a neck shot with a Hornady 17gr ballistic tip. What was left of the head was about 1/3 and had fragments of the red tip in it. Those redtips are really destructive. The rascal's head was blocked by a limb, but I had a clear shot at his neck.  :)

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:09:24 AM »
John andrews posted:
One was a neck shot with a Hornady 17gr ballistic tip. What was left of the head was about 1/3 and had fragments of the red tip in it. Those redtips are really destructive. The rascal's head was blocked by a limb, but I had a clear shot at his neck. 

Hmmmmmmm.Guess what I want for Christmas. :twisted:
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Facebook Comments