November 19, 2017, 04:35:15 PM

Author Topic: 13 days,,,,,  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: 13 days,,,,,
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 11:38:21 AM »
good shooting john!!! O0 O0 O0 i know the instalation pays you enough for a digital cam...lets see some pics  :wink:

john what were the temps like when you were out?

huntsman...you will not be disapointed with a .17 or .17hm2

i think it BLOWS the .22 away  :twisted:

you wont see a split head with a .22 at 100yards

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 13 days,,,,,
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 08:26:02 PM »
Tech, yep, The place pays me enough, but I have too many places to stretch the money.  I don't hunt the Army real estate because of a no rifle rule.  >:( Several years ago we had a rimfire season  because of an intelligent CO, a Lt. Col., but he got  transfered to another post. I did hunt that year, and it was like hunting in a city park until the squirrels got wised up. The temps have been pretty warm, in the 70's and 80's for most of the hunting. Some days it was climbing into the 90's. Last Sunday morning I was hunting in the rain and it warmed up quickly that morning. The tree rats were not out long that morning after it got into the upper 70's. Usually, my squirrel hunting is limited to Sunday mornings because of my shop and the day job work schedule.  Some of my hunting buddys wear/poop out on me, too. They are softies, even though I am 20  and 30 some  years their senior. We older Indians are in it for the long haul, even though the younger fellas are good for a short sprint.  ^-^Tip Of The Day, kill the squirrel with the first shot, then you don't have to chase it. Old Indian wisdom. :) O0
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:29:01 PM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments