November 19, 2017, 04:26:11 PM

Author Topic: been out twice  (Read 5161 times)

Offline ohioboy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
been out twice
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:18:25 PM »
just went out squirrel hunting twice so far, for about 2 hours each i got 4 fox  and 1 grey, seems like we have more fox then grey here in ohio this year.  i got to get back at it to try to keep up with you guys. O0

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: been out twice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 11:51:37 PM »
I been out twice too 3 fox and 1 gray.I might try to go for an hour or so when I get off in the morning. I gave 2 to my inlaws so I need some more for a pot pie
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:11:45 AM »
Sounds like you guys have a heck of a lot more squirrels than we do around here. :sad:  Congrats on the tree rats!  Keep up the good work.  Someone's going to have to wreak havoc on them this year!!!!!! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:07:04 AM »
 Been out three times, too many leaves left :'(.  But have gotten a few Reds, little boggers just don't when to hide do they. ;D ;D
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »
I'v been out twice, and it was too hot, only saw two. No shots fired. Our weeds and leaves are really thick because of the extended hot weather here.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 04:07:41 PM »
I went out once this year, shot one and lost it due to very thick brush....  I gave up and went home.

that was about 3 weeks ago... I am getting the itch again... so I think that I am going to head a little south tommorrow after work, and try some woods that have a little less brush in them hopefully.
I'll let you know how it goes....
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 12:52:54 AM »
Went out for a couple of hrs this morning never saw a squirrel. Did hear one bark way off to the south but could not find him.I have to mow for the nex 3 or 4 days then I have to replace the axle in my utility trailer so I'm not sure when I can get out again. I looked at a CZ 452 American in a .17 hm2 today.I think I've found another one I can't live without. I'm on vacation the last week of Sept.and the first and third weeks of Oct.so maybe I can chase them with a new piece
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline SSFeldjager

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 08:27:49 PM »
90F degrees here in Georgia where I hunt. Cool weather can't come soon enough!!  :shock:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 05:01:17 AM »
the activity here has been exploding.i went out the other morning after work and killed one fox(pics soon) and i could have killed more if i had more time.i took the dog out yesterday morning and saw 6 greys and 3 fox but i didnt have the rifle.the temps in the night have been 59-68 and 80-90 during the day.right now i have 62.the weather is calling for nothing higher than 86 in 7 days.i think this week the hunting will be good.oct 1st the state park opens to rifles and i cant wait!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 11:54:14 AM »
ok guys here ya go. this morning was a buet!!! i was out for 1.5 hrs shot 3 out of the same tree

oh not this head huh?

entry

exit

entry at my finger exit at the bottom

8)

Facebook Comments