November 19, 2017, 12:39:26 PM

Author Topic: been out twice  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: been out twice
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 12:20:56 PM »
not bad tech not bad at all
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 02:35:59 PM »
Techno, nice killing.  Man am I jealous.  I still have to wait another 30 days or so. :'(
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 10:25:56 AM »
Nice goin', Tech!  O0I have one of those fanny packs just like yours, with the two other smaller pouches. They are perfect for squirrel hunting.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
i really like it....allthough it has a "new" hole in it.....i left it on the floor while cleaning and this little guy decided the blood inside the main pouch just "needed" to come out

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 02:00:05 AM »
Well I got back from vacation this morning and picked up the new squirrel buster.Lord it is a beauty.CZ 452 American in .17 Mach 2. Took six shots to get it where I wanted then I shot about half a box just because it felt so good to put shot after shot in the 1 Inch black bullseye.The leaves aren't coming down very fast because it has stayed so warm so I just zeroed it at 40 yards for now,and will go try to baptize it with bucktooth marauder blood in the morning when I get off.When I went to pick out the scope I intended to put a Nikon on it but they did not have anything with an adjustable objective lens so I ended up with a Simmons ATV 4.5 to 14 x 50 the price was considerably less than the Nikon with fixed objective. If I can get my daughter to download some pictures I'll try to post a picture of the rifle and a couple of targets.
 fishing sucked at the lake so I killed a fox and two grays with the .22. that makes a grand total of seven now. I have to admit that I suffered my first 2 misses of the year, them little grays won't sit still very long. I also had one move just enough that he took it in the chest instead of the head. I guess I shouldn't complain though six out of seven shot in the head is not that bad for an old half blind halfwit like me. Will keep you posted on the CZ.It acts like it is going to be as good as the Savage HMR
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 04:24:10 AM »
i know a guy who uses a cz. not sure the model but he does pretty good.i would love to see some pics.im more than thrilled with this savage .17hm2 i have

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 09:41:54 AM »
Sounds like you guys have a heck of a lot more squirrels than we do around here. :sad:  Congrats on the tree rats!  Keep up the good work.  Someone's going to have to wreak havoc on them this year!!!!!! :twisted:
That's been my luck the past couple of years until I discovered a new spot. It's part of a huge public timber that's loaded with squirrels.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 08:50:54 PM »
Was out once this last weekend... to many leaves and ground cover yet. The land owner next to us decided to sight in a few wepons so I didnt stay out . Saw nothing, but will be going  again this Friday to one of my favorite spots. I use a CZ .22 cal and love it...
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 09:45:03 AM »
i have noticed here the activity is at the peak 30after sunrise - 1hr after sunrise.allthough i havnt gotten to do any all day trips just to see either.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »
Went out twice in the last two weeks, wish I could get out more... Took the cz .22, first kill this year was in one eye and out just over the other. Got my 5 in about two hours, three gray and two blacks. Funny thing, I have hunted this area since around the early 70's and never saw a black till this year. Next time out I decided to go against my religion and bring along my new BPS 12 ga. I just had to shoot it and there are grouse in the area. So I slung my old 10/22 on my back and carried the 12. I was'nt 30 yds. from my truck and there go's a gray... could'nt get a good shot till he was running up this dead fall. He took a jump from the fall to the main trunk, ( about a 40 yd shot ) just as  he was about to land on the tree trunk he spooked another sq. and that was when I took my shot... It was such a long shot I did'nt know forsure if I hit him or not, but when I got over there two sq were laying no more than 3 ft apart...one gray and one black. My first doubble! Hunting sq with a 12 ga aint so bad after all...HA!
Happy Hunting
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Facebook Comments