October 23, 2017, 04:06:53 AM

Author Topic: Sidelocks & Flintlocks  (Read 1424 times)

Offline mrfishnhunt

Sidelocks & Flintlocks
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:20:12 PM »
How many people out there use a sidelock or a flintlock with real black powder? I love my investarm .54 cap gun with GOEX ffg. I shoot patched round ball only. What say you?

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Sidelocks & Flintlocks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:46:25 AM »
yep yep! thats all i use in mine.... both the flint and the Pcap
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 10:45:40 AM »
In my .58 cal, I shoot FFg black powder and a patched roundball.  In the .54 cal inline I shoot FFg powder and a Barnes XPander bullet in a sabot.  Not too "traditional", but it really brings home the meat! ^-^
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline mrfishnhunt

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 08:00:23 AM »
Are we the only ones? Surley there are more.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 11:55:19 PM »
I don't use the old .54 Hawken much since I got the .32 and the inlines.I shoot pyrodex powder in the inlines,but still use FFF in the .32 for squacks,and when I shoot the .54 on paper i still use FF. There is just something special about that smell when you touch off a load of coal that was invented several hundred years ago
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline hickory50

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:22:04 AM »
Although at present I hunt with a Knight Wolverine in-line, and have a CVA Bobcat .50 caliber that I target shoot with round ball loads, it has always been my hearts desire to get the makings from Dixie Gun Works to build my on percussion sidelock long barrel slow twist rifle. I want one in the Appalachain mountain style, with all brown funiture, no patch box, just a lube hole in the stock, much like the old Bean rifles. And if the Good Maker allows me to see another spring, I'm aiming to do that very thing.

Facebook Comments