October 22, 2017, 05:48:05 AM

Author Topic: michigans openng weekend  (Read 507 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
michigans openng weekend
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:51:39 AM »
wow,,, all my buddies have scored nice deer this weekend, two nice bucks and a doe. looks like great hunting this year.
i decided to pass on the opener and went out for squirrel with my .22, 10 for two days.

Offline autobody_dan

Re: michigans openng weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »
Hunted bald mountain state land (auburn hills, MI) sat and sun.  saw 2 does and 1 buck (5 point) on sat morn.  went to draw back on the buck got to half draw and he looked right at me.  held it as long as i could at half draw, than had to pull to full draw and got spotted by the lil buck.  he bolted. 

sunday night was loading my gear back in the car getting ready to leave and a big doe jumped the road 30 yards from me, laughin' and givin' me the middle hoof.  damn. 

I'm looking for a hunting buddy. I've got two stands set up and see deer on both bait piles on a regular basis.  I can only hunt one stand at a time, so looking for someone to hunt my second stand.  MUST BE NON-SMOKER AND USE SCENT LOCK GEAR. ;D

IF INTERESTED MESSAGE ME autobody_dan
Wild game... its whats for dinner!

Offline john

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:20:53 PM »
all three of the deer my freinds took were off of oakwood, just north of oxford by horshoe lake.

Offline MI_Yankee

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 05:41:44 AM »
John, congrats to you and your friends on your harvests!  10 squirrels for 2 days is teriffic...should make for some great squirrel and dumplings!

Offline john

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 10:00:13 AM »
lol its wednesday and we have all ten of them squirrels ate up already. i gotta hunt faster.

Facebook Comments