November 20, 2017, 08:31:00 AM

Author Topic: Two Bull Elk Killed  (Read 968 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Two Bull Elk Killed
« on: March 05, 2004, 07:34:36 AM »
Check out the link below for the article.  What's your opinion on this?

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SOU_ELK_KILLED_KYOL-?SITE=KYLOU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Two Bull Elk Killed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:19:04 AM »
Well, that does pi$$ me off! The knuckleheads knew what options they had, and they took the cheap way out. What trips my trigger also, is the fact they wasted the meat. To say it is a good thing to feed the scavengers is the weakest excuse I have heard. Scavangers have plenty to eat this time of year, and the majority scavengers are varmint class, anyhow. I rank the persons that made the elk decision in the scavenger varmint class, also.  I see a lot of wasted game meat feeding coyotes at my work place. All it has done is help an over population of coyotes and feral dogs produce more offspring. When you see and hear several groups of coyotes numbering a dozen to 40 or so in one night, within a 19,000 acre area, you have too many! One of my fellow officers shot a large feral dog that belongs to several packs in our area. Needless to say, it was well fed. We see dogs wild dogs and coyotes every day, and they are the best fed animals that you can imagine. The KY officials that make such stupid and crass decisions should start a club and call it LHSFV. Let Hungry Starve,Feed Varmints. #-o  :oops:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Two Bull Elk Killed
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 02:30:41 PM »
Yep, this whole story sounds fishy to me. So what if an animal "tramples grass in a pasture" according to the American Century Dictionary, "pasture" is :  n.1.  grassland suitable for grazing. 2. herbage for animals:   Isn't this what pasture is for?
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments