November 24, 2017, 07:11:59 PM

Author Topic: What brand of bow do you prefer?  (Read 3946 times)

Offline ARMallardSlayer

• Dirt Trackin in the ArkLaTex
What brand of bow do you prefer?
« on: March 06, 2004, 12:24:37 AM »
I shoot a Mathews MQ1.........
"Live Like You Were Dying"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 08:34:44 AM »
I used to REALLY be into bowhunting, but got tired of being associated as a "bowhunter" because of how radical some can be on some of their views of what IS and IS NOT "bowhunting" equipment.  Now I'm more into guns.  That being said, I've got 2 PSE bows, a Spirit that I used to squirrel hunt with, and a Mach Flite 4R that I deer hunt with.  I've also got a High Country Safari that I used to shoot in 3D, a Golden Eagle Falcon that was my first "good" bow that I used to deer hunt with, and a ProLine Force II that I shoot fingers with.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ARMallardSlayer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 05:53:04 PM »
I am primarily a bowhunter and proud of the fact.

I can't worry about what others do....I will remain true to myself and no one else.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 08:49:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against people who mainly bowhunt.  I guess some of it is "been there, done that".  I got tired of it and wanted something else.  Now, I'm mainly into muzzleloading and pistols.

I just got tired of some "bowhunters" that would rather die than to allow people to use crossbows, and the continuous fighting as to what was right, traditional, compound, fingers, releases, one cam, 65% let off, etc, etc, etc.

I just want to hunt! :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline ARMallardSlayer

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:36:36 PM »
Don't think I'll ever get tired of bowhunting.......I enjoy shooting bows too much.

I also muzzleload, rifle hunt and I'm getting into handgun hunting this coming season.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 09:58:34 PM »
Better watch out!  The muzzleloading and pistols are addicting!!!! :mrgreen:   I think the powder has affected my brain!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 09:18:44 PM »
:twisted: I prefer a Mathews,but can only afford a Browning"Ambush" Great Bow,but the differance is like a Chevy and a Caddy,both will get you there,but One will get you there in Comfort !

I also Bow-Hunt Only,tried everything,but I like to get CLOSE !!!!!!!
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »
I like to get close too, but there's just something in that big cloud of smoke that's addicting!!!!! :D   I'm into the "hard" shots now, either a head or neck shot, range doesn't matter.  I got one this past year with a muzzleloader.  75 yd neck shot, where I could only see half of the neck!  Broke her neck! :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 10:34:21 PM »
I know exactly what you mean  BC, There's just nothing like getting close enough to a deer to watch his eyelids blink--while watching him across iron sites. Another thing that's addictive is getting in the woods early, before all the rifle hunters get them shook up and the big ones go nocturnal.  It takes a little while for deer to get the hunters patterned and I like to be in the woods sneaking around while they're still in the learning stage. You're right, there is something in that cloud of smoke that's addictive. I don't know if it's the burning powder or the burning hair after you let him walk right to you!!  I was fortunate enough a few years back to walk up on a doe upwind and shoot her in her bed. That hunt is forever burned into my conscience, and means more to me than any trophy buck I ever got. Just goes to show that it's not the destination you're after, but the entire journey. The anticipation of waiting for the smoke to clear so you can spot your prize is the biggest bonus.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 10:43:54 PM »
Anymore, I hunt off of the ground.  Right at eye level with the critters!  To heck with sneak attacks from above.  What's the challenge in that?  Put me eye level where I can reach out and smack them if they need it! :D   I had several deer this past year within "spitting" distance of me.  NOW THAT'S FUN!!!  When you can count the hairs on their nose, you know you're doing something right! 8)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments