November 22, 2017, 06:02:49 AM

Author Topic: What brand of bow do you prefer?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
What brand of bow do you prefer?
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 10:41:34 AM »
:twisted: I hunt Public land,a very Crowed Public Land,so I find much Comfort in being up in my Tree Lounge,out of the Flight Path of other hunters Sticks :wink:
 I do hunt out of a Ground Blind when I Turkey hunt,but I travel way back in the Swamp to get away from most of the other hunter`s. :wink:

I was sitting in my Climber one day,and had another hunter come sit down against the tree I was in,he had already stunk up the area with his old Work-Boots,so I decide to see how he hunted,but when he went to light his Smoke,I had to drop one of my Stick`s down next to him, I know he Soiled his Camo because I heard him Cussing till he got out of site.
   Something about being in plain sight,and not being seen,even by other hunter`s. I usealy only hunt about 10 to 15' up,just under the first set of branches,gives me a great view,and still put`s me above thier Sight-Line :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
bowchoice
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 02:40:58 PM »
i've been a bowman since 1963,started with a bear ,and stuck with them for many years, then went to a black widow,and am now shooting a martin ranger longbow. like bc got tired ofall the hoopla about this new bow and that new bow. went bake to a good old stick and string.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »
It's not that I got tired of all of the new "gagetry" in bowhunting, I just got tired of all of the fighting among the different groups of bowhunters (traditional vs. modern).  I used to be State Chairman for Bowhunter Education in KY.  As such, I had to deal with the leading state bowhunting organization.  This organization was primarily made up of traditional bowhunters.  I had the President of the organization actually tell me what I should and shouldn't talk about in the Bowhunter Education courses.  Call my old-fashioned/synical/whatever, but I don't like a group of bowhunters telling me what I can and cannot put in a NATIONALLY recognized program!  Because of this, it gave me a "bad taste in my mouth" for "bowhunting" organizations.  This is not to mention Pope & Young.  Their recent decision to start to allow animals harvested with bows over 65% is a bunch of Bull they way that they did it.  If they're wanting to "unite" all bowhunters and such as they say, then way are they listing the entries with an asterisk to differentiate those animals taken with greater then 65% let off?  The only reason they did it was that the majority of bowhunters are going to these bows and their membership (AND MONEY!) has been steadily decreasing!

The way that I look at it, if someone wants to use a long bow, recurve, compound, or crossbow, it shouldn't matter.  They all shoot arrows, and we are all hunters!  Constant in-fighting amongst bowhunters are their #1 enemy.  If it keeps up, the anti-hunters are going to use this against bowhunters, and bowhunting will be banned.

So what do you want to do, argue over what type of equipment is right, or do you want to be happy and just hunt?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline redneck88

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2004, 05:09:31 PM »
HOYT!

Offline squirrelgetter

Primitive
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 12:10:17 PM »
I like my mathews icon but planning on buying a Black Widow recurve; I also like my TC muzzleloader for hunting with a gun; hunt strickly on the ground   :D  :D

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 11:36:47 PM »
Mathews
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

travo

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2005, 12:18:07 PM »
i use a new martin razor-x and a classic fred bear recurve, so i like both modern and traditional. really, when it boils right down to it, it is not the guy who shoots the biggest buck ,but the guy who has the most fun hunting who really wins, reguardless of hunting style.i take pride in the fact that i can get up close and personal with game, but also realize that there are guys not as fortunate as i am and dont have alot of time to hunt, and cannot condemn them for using high powered rifles and taking 600 yard shots from the truck. ethical?no. illegal?no. my business?no.am i a better hunter than them? who cares. im about  having fun.

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 08:47:51 PM »
As far as morals and hunting, i think i'm on a higher road than dang near everone.  All i hunt with is my bare hands and my teeth.  -if my toenails are sharp enough i can usually be waiting for the squirrels by the time they hit the top of the tree.   It's the only way to hunt.....the only downside is the bark-burn you get from chasing around rodents naked.
Proud Democrat

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 12:02:28 AM »
The only thing nuttier than you. C.S.P, is a squirrel turd.  :lol:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

travo

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 06:38:53 PM »
umm.............why were you naked when you were chasing them. no, wait, i guess i dont want to know.

Facebook Comments