October 23, 2017, 12:21:39 AM

Author Topic: NEW GUY WANTS BOBCATS  (Read 958 times)

Offline REDEYE

NEW GUY WANTS BOBCATS
« on: October 12, 2005, 07:51:30 AM »
HELLO ALL,
    I'M WRITING FROM SAN DIEGO, SO YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW WE DON'T HAVE THE GREATEST HUNTING
AROUND.  DUE TO ALL THE BUILDING AND URBAN SPRAWL.  BUT I DO LOVE THE OUTDOORS AND I'M OUT THERE EVERY CHANCE I GET. I'M LOOKING FOREWARD TO TAKING SOME BOBCAT PELTS STARTING IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.  AND I'M LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT THE BEST CALIBER GUN MIGHT BE TO KILL THEM WITHOUT DAMAGING THEIR PELT TOO BADLY. DO YOU GUYS THINK A REM. .270 IS TOO MUCH?  ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED AND WILL HELP.   
                                                                                      THANKS

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: NEW GUY WANTS BOBCATS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 01:49:33 PM »
Welcome to our fun house  :D , I am sure there is a guys in here that could answer your question better.
 On bobcats a .270 will leave a hole that will really take the value down, I have used a .223, and a .22-250 they didn't seem to damage to much. I hear that the .17 is awesome, and would work great on them.  ???

The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »
REDEYE, welcome to our forum! I would rather use .17HMR hollowpoints on bobcats.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline steeliekingfisher

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:02:58 AM »
Hello,
I hunt them hard here in WA,  I use a 22 mag with 40 grain hollow point.  Kill shots to 75 yards behind the shoulder, most are within 30-50 yards though.  270 will kill em good, but even with the smallest grain bullets you will have a hole an inch or larger(depending on the shell) on the exit, not good for pelts or taxidermy.  Smaller is better in this case.
Hunting and Fishing here, there and anywhere in between.

Facebook Comments