November 23, 2017, 05:22:43 PM

Author Topic: What muzzleloader do you shoot?  (Read 7270 times)

Offline ARMallardSlayer

• Dirt Trackin in the ArkLaTex
What muzzleloader do you shoot?
« on: March 06, 2004, 12:26:19 AM »
I shoot a TC Black Diamond 50 and my son does too.

I have 2 TC Renegades in 54 hanging on the wall.....the barrels are outta there....
"Live Like You Were Dying"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 08:29:13 AM »
The main one I hunt with is a Knight MK-85 with a synthetic thumb-hole stock.  The gun is in .54 cal.  It's a deer-killing machine!!!!!!! :twisted:

I've also got an Investarms .58 cal, but I don't really hunt with it anymore.  It's got a really slow twist to the barrel, so about all it will shoot is round balls.  I shoot the Barnes X-Pander bullets out of the Knight.  They shoot great and really do a lot of damage when they hit! :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline propredator

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 09:29:23 PM »
I shoot a lyman plains rifle in 54 cal,a round baller also.Going to get a smaller cal round baller for small game soon.I sold my knight for the reason i just like the trad type guns better.
 58 if you ever want to part with that big old round baller just drop me a line. :)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:35:09 AM »
I would, but I don't think the wife would like that too much.  She got it for me for Christmas several years ago.  Figured here in a few years, I'll let the boy start taking it hunting.

HA, there's another thing that I can use when she tells me I have too many guns and need to get rid of some!!!!! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Sixgun Symphony

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 02:09:36 AM »
Traditional guns here. The modern inlines might be within the letter of the muzzleloading firearm rules, but they go against the reason why the special hunting seasons for muzzle loading firearms were created in the first place.

The modern inline muzzle loading rifles with their stainless steel and modern style stocks made of plastic... It just ain't what the pioneers used in settling the wilderness frontier.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 07:50:17 PM »
Im a traditionalist when it comes to this.Percussion and flinters.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline henry

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 01:29:53 PM »
I shoot a 50 cal. optima pro in-line

Offline PsYcHo

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 08:19:12 PM »
I got a CVA Kodiak.  The price was right and it shoots pretty good.  It is accurate to about 150 yards....(my longest shot with it)

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 09:35:56 PM »
thompson center new englander
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sloth

Re: What muzzleloader do you shoot?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 07:19:49 PM »
I just shoot a regular new frontier muzzleloader, nothin special.  hey it works for me, if i can put a pattern    of shots within a 5inch circle at 150 yards, hey thats good enough for me.

Facebook Comments