November 21, 2017, 08:59:18 PM

Author Topic: What muzzleloader do you shoot?  (Read 7267 times)

Offline fred(pa)

Re: What muzzleloader do you shoot?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 02:46:48 PM »
i use a real muzzleloader the good old flint lock.  theres nothing like the flash in your face then the BOOM  ;D  :mrgreen:

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 04:41:08 PM »
Yep! Have to agree with ya Fred! Nothing quite like having a world record elk stand infront of you at 25 yards and pull the trigger only to realize that you didnt put a cap on the nipple...............the joys of blackpowder hunting. :)
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 04:11:20 AM »
I shoot a TC Hawken in .54 cal,Traditions in .32,Knight American  inline in .50, a TC Omega in .50,and once in a while an old pedersolli .12 gauge side by side. I love anything to do with shooting. Black or Smokeless as long as it goes bang it is fun
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »
i have two a cva plainshunter .50 cal percussion and  a deerslayer in .50 flintlock..  picked the perc. up in kit form for 125.00 and got the flint for 40.00 at a yard sale...

not much better than PFFFT..BOOM   or of course like my buddy did forget his 4 F powder.. PFFFFT...........(make a sandwich, take a bite)...... BOOM!! hehehehhe
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 07:45:05 AM »
I use a Traditions 50 cal. 209 primer in-line, cheap wal-mart special kit, kills um, put them in the freezer thats all that counts. O0
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline ohioboy

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 07:48:16 PM »
I use a remake of the kentucky rifle 50 cal flintlock if i miss i can poke em in the eye with the barrel.

Offline mrfishnhunt

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 10:03:05 PM »
Investarm .54 Hawken with 45 and 36 drop in barrels.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 10:17:48 PM »
never could understand those drop ins.. it just rides on the lands? i donno if i would like that or not think it would not hold and i would go boom and have an extended barrel....  how do they fit it just slide and pray or some sort of a 1/4 turn lock in or somethin??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MI_Yankee

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »
Thompson Center Encore 50 caliber.  I LOVE it!  Drives tacks at 100 yards.

Offline mrfishnhunt

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 08:45:33 AM »
The drop in barrel system is not a "barrel liner". It is a system of exchanging different barrels in the same stock. You just pull the wedge pin and ramrod, lift up on the muzzle like for cleaning and put in a differant caliber barrel.Makes it handy when wanting a different caliber. I like the 36 for squirrels and the 45 for paper punching or up close deer hunting. The 54 is for when I want to smash a deer. ;D

Facebook Comments