October 19, 2017, 05:17:48 AM

Author Topic: Plans?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Doe Belly

Plans?
« on: September 05, 2003, 11:16:40 AM »
Anyone got that big one picked out yet?  I've got a couple of places in mind.  Seeing them before opening day is always painful.  You just know that someone is going to end up spooking them into the "escape tunnels" for the year. hehe
 :roll:

Offline Aussie Joe

Plans?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »
I usually start my planning for the Hog Deer season, which is in April, in about March.  This is the only game I hunt from a tree stand, and pickibg the right spot to set-up can be the the differences between bringin' home a hard won Hoggie and coming home to an empty fridge.
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Plans?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 05:56:34 PM »
:twisted:  I`ve got two spot`s,One is where the Doe`s hang out,second is a spot where I`ve had Turkey`s  come out on me Two year`s running,but If I set-up on one side of the Field,they`ll come out on the other,going to bring a friend and set him up on the other side of the Field,one of us will get lucky!!!!!!!! Then I`ll go for my Buck.  :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline DeathFromAbove

Plans?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 07:58:28 PM »
Sounds like bucks and bacon is just around the corner!!   :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Plans?
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 01:34:45 AM »
I've got about 7 different spots to hunt (all on the same landowner).  I just finished hanging a stand in a spot that I found this spring while turkey hunting.  Other than hanging the stand, I've stayed out of the spot.  I don't know if they are using the area during the early season or late season.  All I know is that I found a bunch of old rubs and scrapes in the area, as well as a bunch of well used trails.  I'll probably hunt the spot in a week or so just to see what comes by.

One of the other main spots that I hunt has consistantly produced deer, both does and bucks.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments