November 15, 2018, 05:02:32 AM

Author Topic: Day in the life of (Caution real long)  (Read 910 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Day in the life of (Caution real long)
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:21:04 PM »
Ok well here we go.  started last night.. wife says she is going to go get dinner from out, yeah ok no problem, i can busy myself by getting my stuff ready and double/triple checking things... ok hour goes by.. ??? then hour and a half  ??? ???  then phone rings. i know already... "Dear I am at gas station, car wont move.." did ya try starting it first? (as my blood pressure begins climbing).. "Thats not Fing Funny" was the reply. ok ok I holler to the kids, and jump into the truck and go to the gas station. there she is in front of the pumps 4 ways blinking away.. i come walking over, "well what do you think is wrong?" man there went the blood pressure up another few points. I jump in push clutch in (yep 5 speed) fire the ol girl up, let out the clutch and it starts to pull forward,  :-P  I reach over and go to put it into reverse and hey look at that the gearshift is flopping around like a fish outta water. snapped the damn shift cable. >:( baby the thing home second gear 3 miles she takes the truck. ok home, she grabs phone starts calling parts places.  nope dont got one nowhere.. ok i come in the door, call one place they say no we dont got but do have a part number for it, called same place she just off phone with "hey tracking a part number here, "why yeah we got one, accually we have 2" :shock: she is P*ssed!! ok ok got part rest of night was uneventfull, cept for the "dont touch that you will break it" comments from me (wife is good natured)

ok up at 6 AM go get kid up to go hunting, get everything together and out we go, in the woods by 7am yehaw.. beautiful day maybe 60-65 degrees going to 68, sunny just a nice day out..   we decide to sit for the first few then walk the next few..
         8:15am grey squirrel comes hauling butt down this felled tree, right at the kid, i see it at about 20 foot, she sees it at about same time, red squirrel is hot on the grays rear.... I am thinking this will be good :roll: ok ten foot... kayla shoot . he is getting closer... shoot.. nothing squirrels disappear from sight pop up 3 foot away. go exploding in two different directions, ok well seen two didnt shoot either.
        8:30am  "Dad I dont feel good"  awwwww man dont do this to meeeeee  :'( ok think you can at least hold out till 11 ish we will go then, drink yer pepsi, whatever.. I look over she got a damn mp3 player stuck in her ear... oh man ok blood pressure going up again... (think she takes after her mother?) ok ok never mind what i was thinking here...
        9:00am i am back home after the last 30 minutes of whaa whaas of the child...
        10:00am I have shift cable on the car, and it is tearing through the gears with a vengance!!  ok good deal.. "dear going back into the woods"
         10:15am back in woods, see deer couldnt see head so donno if buck or doe.
          Still hunt the fire trail till 1:00pm nothing..
   back to where i was sitting the first time.. noise behind me.. look to my right, 5 foot away sneaking up a tree is a youngun gray, i turn and pull up as i am sliding the safty off I am starting to think at this distance i am going to "WHOOOMP"  :twisted:  ok so i smack this thing from 5 foot with the 12 ga. part of the tree came off and bits or fur flying everywhere.. wow #6 really shouldnt have done. i look at the spent shell, hmmm how did that #4 get in there?!?
      couldnt find anything bigger than a foot, so i said i am done. get home by 2:00pm  walk in the door,  wife says "I was on the phone talking to my mother"  yeah? "well the phone went CLICK and died".. now we have no phone service.. ok someone musta whacked a pole.. its now 8:00pm and still no phones..  dammit i told her not to touch nothing....
 :shock:
so that was my first day of small game. see three POOFED one.
come on monday     

when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
Re: Day in the life of (Caution real long)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 10:44:16 PM »
Remember when we talked about going out hunting together?  With the luck you seem to have, which seem to be much worse than mine, I am starting to reconsider my offer.:twisted:

Just kidding, sorry opening day sucked so bad.  Mine wasn't much better, I only got one.  I didn't have to deal with the broken down car stuff, which is a God send.  You know, those Toyota Minivans run really good.  Also, I will say that the low brass, Winchester, 6 Shot, Game Load was quite effective on the one I got.

Hey, if your phone starts working tomorrow morning, and if you are interested, give me a ring.  I am having some friends over for the Steeler Game and I just bought a fresh bottle of Wild Turkey 101. :twisted:

I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 06:10:43 AM »
Dang, that was some hard luck, Morax! That remaining squirrel foot won't be of much luck, unless you dry it and carry it for a good luck charm, huh?  No, with your luck, it would probably bring you more bad luck. If I was you, I would sneak out early this morning and chalk it up to some compulsive behavior, or something like that. Tell your wife an old Indian told you it's the call of the wild and your primal side just can't resist. :twisted: I wouldn't  lie to you, being another squirrel hunting junkie. It's your caveman genes kicking in. I dunno if she will believe  ???that, but in any case, she will certainly get over it. :wink: At least, you and Mad River drew blood opening day.  :) O0 O0 O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 09:59:12 AM »
man i tell ya..  mad i appreciate the offer, apparently its affecting a large are, nothing on the news but 795/793 numbers are affected. shut up about yer minivan  :-P  i am supposed to be goin to the local joint here for a tail gate party of some sort, but i dont do football so who knows there. but appreciate it..
            john,  i am planning on going as much as possable if i kept the dern foot i woulda probably got some stupid disease or something..  at least one good thing came out of it all though,  the wife (lori) says the car is running better with less slop in the shifting, so this means she has to pay attention to shifting, thus slowing her down a bit hehehhehe 
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments