November 22, 2017, 05:52:15 AM

Author Topic: any one else counting down?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
any one else counting down?
« on: March 08, 2004, 08:43:37 PM »
75 days till opening day of squirrel season here in missouri, by thats time i will have my new gun \:D/ ooo i cant wait this gun is goin to be a squirrel killing machine
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 06:34:35 AM »
Our Spring squirrel season opens sometime in June and runs for approx. 2 weeks.  Gonna' try to bust a few during this time! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 05:07:56 PM »
only 2 weeks i dont think i could live with a squirrel season thats only 2 weeks

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:38:29 PM »
The June season is for the spring.  Our regular season comes in during August and runs until about the end of January.  That's when I really but the little rodents!!!  Can't wait until I get to enact a little revenge from last year!  Took the .22 and they were laughing at me!  They don't have a snowball's chance in He** this year though!!!!!  I'm going to make them and their offspring pay dearly for the persicution that I suffered last year!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 09:31:19 PM »
yea i need to get revenge from last year, i couldnt get my shot down, but at the end of last year i found the honey hole for big fat squirrels, there are 5 to 7 big hickory trees up on this hill, there are like 3 squirrels in every tree a squirrel hunters dream and this place was right infront of me and it never dawned on me to hunt up there ](*,)  b/c i never knew about the trees but wow i felt stupid because it was right behind my cabin :oops: but they are goin to have lots on fun with my new marlin comin in this month im goint o be eatin so much squirrel i will be looking like this :-&

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 10:32:29 AM »
BC, show no mercy, no prisoners! Pay them back for their racious antics! Squirrelslayer, YOU are the killing machine, your new rifle will be the tool! Like BC, NO MERCY! What Marlin are you getting? I have one on the rack that is a great rifle, Marlin model 60, micro groove barrel, and a real nail driver. My Marlin likes Stingers, especially. The old gal is # 2 now, along side my Savage .17 . I bought the Marlin used, and put a used Bushnell Banner 3X9 40mm on it. Deadly combo, and the Stingers do a real number. I bought a box of even hotter shells, but haven't shot any of them. I envy certain folks that have a spring season and a year around season! In fact, I am green with envy. Some lucky folks even get to go to northern Florida and shoot hogs and squirrels in the spring. I won't mention any names. Lucky dawg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good hunting to ya! :mrgreen:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 04:27:59 PM »
i dont know if i should go with the model 980v bolt action clip, or the tube fed 981T bolt action ........but i love having a spring squirrel season :lol:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 06:35:12 PM »
I've got both a tube-fed and a magazine-fed.  Me personally, I prefer the magazine.  To me, it's just easier to unload and know that it's unloaded.

I wonder who that could be that's getting to go squirrel/hog hunting? :?:   Nothing definite yet.  Still have to get back with him! 8)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 01:32:32 AM »
Hi all, new here so I'm still learning, so please bear with....

yes, I am counting the days!!!  here in IN we have to wait until aug. 15...
I'm kind of new to hunting but I'm hooked already!!!

Does anyone know of a state nearby that would have a season open earlier, that has an out of state license that isn't to pricy???
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 02:13:47 AM »
I agree with BC, the tube feed is much better. My .22 is tube fed, my .17 is clip. :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments