December 15, 2017, 06:34:28 PM

Author Topic: too old  (Read 1474 times)

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
too old
« on: November 01, 2005, 03:38:55 PM »
i give up. i just can't shoot my recurve on deer anymore. hurts too much. i can still handle my compound though so i guess i better just admit the long bow and recurve are done. can still shoot my 35# recurve on squirrels at least.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: too old
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 05:52:07 PM »
sorry to hear its hrtin ya to do something ya love there john.. they say time heals all wounds, but i firmly believe it just makes other things hurt so you forget about the first pain!!  hey worse comes to worse you can always go to crossbow
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:41:29 PM »
I'm hearin ya John. Until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't pulled my compound in a couple of years. In that time I got sick and lost a significant amount of weight ( for my size and weight) Two years later I still haven't gained it all back. I picked up my bow and gave it a pull. I felt things pull and my shoulder popped several times. No way could I or would I pull it again. I hurt for a week after that. Guess I need to start some kind of weight training program.

At least you can fall back on a different bow, So you're not completely out of the killing business.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline john

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 09:04:28 AM »
i have  an exercise thing with rubber bands that work the bow muscles, with me is too much dammage in my elbow, im fine for getting over the hump on my compound, just cant hold my stick bows  at full draw . been shooting those things since 1963 so the hardest part is just admiting i can't do it anymore.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 11:09:39 PM »
Well we all get older, we just have to learn to work smarter not harder,and accept that there are things we can't do as well as we once did. It was a bitter pill to swollow but I finally had to buy a crossbow to hunt the later season because my shoulders just won't allow me to draw any of my bows once the temp.goes below about 25 degrees. It isn't how I would really like to hunt but it is better than not hunting
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 01:14:49 PM »
Dang, that's too bad, john! :-[ At least you are still able to drag them. I had to give up deer hunting, not able to drag them anymore.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 08:48:48 AM »
I'm kinda' in the same boat.  I haven't been able to pull my bows back now for a couple of years due to a torn rotator cuff.  Hopefully I'll get it cut on and fixed this winter so by next year I'll be able to sling some arrows.

I wouldn't worry too much about what type of bow you're using.  It's ALL bowhunting. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments