November 24, 2017, 08:39:38 PM

Author Topic: When do you pull out the sticks?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
When do you pull out the sticks?
« on: March 13, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »
How do you guys / gals keep in shape with the bow?  Do you shoot all year or start as the season approaches?  I keep telling myself that I'm going to start early so I'll be in top shape for the season, but always seem to have too much to do until the season is right on me?  What about you?  Anyone still shooting or already shooting?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 08:36:44 PM »
the nuge (ted nugent) sells this giant rubber band thing and he usses it to keep in shape so i guess it works because he is a good bow hunter
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 09:30:59 AM »
Gutpiles, I start bowfishing about mushroom time, late April and early May. The big buffalo and carp are spawning, and are real sport. Those 40-60 lb. buffalo are fun to put an arrow into! My largest was a 57 pounder that tasted like sewer sludge, but was fun to nail.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »
Bowfishing is fun, but I try not to kill anything unless I'm going to eat it (except for cats, and then I can't eat a whole one by myself!).  Eating sewer sludge just doesn't sound appealing to me for some reason! :-&  :-&

Get started shooting 3D.  It's one of the best and worst things you can do.  It's great in that it will really fine tune you for bow season and it's a lot of fun.  It's bad in that it will more than likely make you spend money on arrows, sights, releases, arrows, etc.  It gets addicting after a while, so be careful!!!!!!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 09:09:06 PM »
:twisted:  My Sticks never get Dust on them...I shoot all year ! :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Facebook Comments