December 13, 2017, 12:06:29 PM

Author Topic: filet knives  (Read 1239 times)

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
filet knives
« on: November 05, 2005, 11:14:55 AM »
Well, I know this is a basic item, but I ran across a gerber filet knife at gander mtn for abour 10 bucks, it is small enough to fit in my tacklebox.  I used it yesterday to carve up some venison, and it worked perfectly. 
razor sharp, rubber handle, decent sheath, and has an included touch up sharpener.  It even held an edge well.

like I said it's a basic item, but I had to give this one a good review!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: filet knives
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 09:50:45 AM »
Well, I know this is a basic item, but I ran across a gerber filet knife at gander mtn for abour 10 bucks, it is small enough to fit in my tacklebox.  I used it yesterday to carve up some venison, and it worked perfectly. 
razor sharp, rubber handle, decent sheath, and has an included touch up sharpener.  It even held an edge well.

like I said it's a basic item, but I had to give this one a good review!!!

Gerber makes really good knives. I see a lot of them and hear only good reports on them. O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 07:46:23 PM »
I have used a filet knife for butchering  for a long time. Any good one will take a good edge and works really well for boning or steak cutting. I bought an Uncle Henry filet knife that I loved,problem was the "Evil One" got her hands on it and liked it so well it ended up in the knife b;ock with the rest of the kitchen knives and I have not found another one since Uncle Henry went belly up. Gerber makes a fine knife and you will be well served with it. I carried a Gerber on my duty belt for several years and was always satisfied with it.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:38:10 AM »
I have two Fiskars (Gerber's Parent Company) Fillet Knives, and have been very satisfied with their performance over the years.  I carried a Gerber Folding knife for years, but it went missing a few months back, really loved that knife.  I also have a Gerber BMF (Basic Multi-Function) Knife which I keep in the 4-Runner to use as an axe.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Facebook Comments