December 14, 2017, 10:08:04 AM

Author Topic: newbie here  (Read 1158 times)

Offline chatyon

newbie here
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:07:27 PM »
Hey folks I found this forum link through a member of my forum which is dedicated to the idea of making us better hunters and friends that I own and operate  at delphi. But I am a life long hunter and conservationist.  I prefer Archery and Black Powder hunting to long range shooting since I live here in the sunny south (Georgia). Our typical distance here in my area is 100yds or less. I don't believe in nor do I advocate all the hype that is poured in to ideas that one has to be covered in multiple layers of scent blocking clothing and use the biggest guns and the most expensive bows to bring down the monster animals.

My rifles consist of a .50 cal Hawken Black Powder, .303 British long gun, 12ga pump action shotgun  and an original Russian SK complete with the original scope.  I fear not the going against the biggest of North American game and I abhor the idea of high fence hunting no matter the size of the property the fence encloses. I like Ted Nugent, Jackie Bushman, Dan Fitzgerald and Bill Jordan and I try to follow their advice until they start talking about all the gotta have products.

I believe there is always something new to learn and the more we learn about the harvesting of game and the proper care and treatment of the game once we have taken it, the better  and the more efficient we become. I subscribe to the notion that, "if we don't try we don't do and if we don't do, then why are we on the earth"?

I am a 46 year old Native American/Scoth Irish male and my European ancestors were some of the very first individuals to have landed on this continent. My native ancestors were some of those who greeted the ones that first landed here. My roots go back to the beginning of time as we know it and I am very proud of who I am . I don't believe in this politically correctness that has so devastated this great nation and I believe that one should speak up and out whenever there is a cause or concern that could have an impact on others no matter whose toes are stepped on in the process.

I believe in God and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost and am guided by these beings in all that I do. But I am not some religious fruitcake or zealot, I believe that man can and should worship who what when and where they may and that all should be afforded this opportunity. The Second ammendement in my opinion should have been first and steadfastly oppose all who dare to take away even one jot or tittle of what our founding fathers set forth. The 10 Commandments should be displayed wherever the people want them displayed and the pledge of allegiance should be recited each and every day of our lives whether we are in a public private or home setting. 

If one comes for my guns which are all leagally and lawfully owned then they should be prepared for fight of which the likes they have never encountered.

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: newbie here
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 02:28:39 PM »
chatyon,

Welcome to the site.  I'd ask you to tell us more about yourself, but I think you covered all of the bases, and then some.  We are glad to have you here.  Stick around and join in the madness when you can.  There are lots of good folks on here.  I think just about everyone here, in whole or in part, shares your philosophy.

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition, Amen"

I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 07:00:23 PM »
hmmmm dude ya sound a little toooo normal to be here hahahha

welcome to the insanity we all have called home!!! kick back chime in and have a goood time.. one thing i learned on here, ask and ye shall recieve! either good or bad, no matter what open yer mouth and holler someone will holler back. i would stick my hand out to shake but from Pa to georgia i dont think it would reach, but hey ya...... O0 O0
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 03:45:01 PM »
Chatyon, welcome to our Forum! Heh heh heh, my ancestors were here waiting for yours to arrive! O0 O0 O0You will like it here, among all the outdoors folks and rib pokers. We even let a few critters hang around the campfire, too. Don't worry about the big critters you see, they have been fed tonight. :wink: ;D ;D ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MI_Yankee

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 05:33:24 AM »
Well, lookie here at who the cat dragged in!  Nice to have you join us buddy! :)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 07:55:35 PM »
Nice to have you.I enjoyed reading your first post by the way........... seems like we have a lot in common.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 10:16:55 PM »
An honest man, a real human being, you fit right in Chatyon... Welcome and happy hunting.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline chatyon

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 07:44:11 AM »
Thank you to all those who have extended their hands of friendship to this green horn. I seem to be having a spot of difficulty in figuring out how to reply to individual posts so I will try to list you all.

CZSQ, your welcome is heartfelt and I appreciate that.

Dixiebanjo, you sound as if we might could eat grits together, thank you for your welcome.

MI_Yankee, seems like I might have run across you somewhere  O0, I appreciate your posting of this link. It seems to me like a great forum and I appreciate you for being who and what you are.

JohnAndrews, your post reminds me of the time I was in a discussion about ancestors and the individual I was talking with informed me that his people were Vikings. If that be the case then, "low there do I see my fathers......." may the halls of Vahalla accept your offering. If you are Native American then we share the same heritage and tis always good to find relatives and friends no matter where we go. Thank you for your welcome.

Morax, I am about as abnormal as they come   :D but thank you for your vote of confidence and for your welcome.

Madriver, your name conjurs up some of my fondest memories of being on rivers that indeed seemed a bit "mad" and like the experience of those rivers, I am glad to have come to shore and I appreciate your welcome.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 12:52:03 PM »
Thank you to all those who have extended their hands of friendship to this green horn. I seem to be having a spot of difficulty in figuring out how to reply to individual posts so I will try to list you all.

Morax, I am about as abnormal as they come   :D but thank you for your vote of confidence and for your welcome.

yup thats what i was meaning you will defintly fit right in here haha O0 O0
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments